I need to gain some weight fast.

Well said.

No one hard working likes spongers do they fat or thin? and it breeds in, no respect really, cos the more you give, the more you owe them, and the more they feel like taking, often without consent. :twisted:

I've been on the dole for a couple of months in the past but thats all as i never planned to stay there and living with the folks I took the bare minimum which I've more than put back now.

Makes ya wonder with the governments and councils seeming enless cash supply to bail out banks and pay for pointless changes, they must run out at some price, apart from hiking up booze (won't work :twisted: ) i reckon that spongers should be on the target of spend cuts, probably when and if i lose my job...

---
Weight talk I'm skinny for my height (but healthy), I burn food easy, but then I dont eat a lot (or drink loads of booze) like many chaps and don't have big heavy lumps of meat slowly rotting in me belly.
despite eating same as me the GF doesnt burn it as quick, shestarted a healthier eating diet in new year, and has lost 1 stone! not bad eh.
Following suit trying to cut out excessive eccles cakes and stuff I have also lost 3lbs which is pretty amazing! Stomach does shrink. ;)

Think how much those heffers could lose with a change of mind and lifestyle. some manual work would be a start if it didn't kill em first!

my other half seems to think she can eat the same amount of biscuits and cake and chocolate as me :LOL: doesnt quite work like that

what fooks me off is they arnt even having that good a time with it . wheres all that money going ? if your going to abuse the crappy system do something worthwhile . dont sit on your arse complaining you dont have enough cake

"Im fat because I eat, I eat because I'm fat." They need a healthy dose of counseling and reality.

The parents should be ashamed for allowing thier kids to spiral out of control. In fact they are downright criminally neglegent.

It is up to the parents to set the example for the kids and then hold the kids to it. If the kids refuse, boot them out. Simple as that, works in my house. I tell my kids that when they start paying the mortgage, they can make the rules, otherwise I'm the boss. Later I hand my paycheck to my wife and she lays down the law. :oops:

I'm the opposite:

I'm fat because I work. Would love to ride more, but sit on my ass at least 8 hours a day (excluding the bus ride).

No wonder they are smiling in the picture. Money for nothing. So would I be. Lazy F**ks :twisted: :twisted:

J i m s t e r":1ko0dte2 said:
They and their kind would LAUGH at anyone jogging around the block.

Anyone else remember a skit on Trigger Happy TV with Dom Joly and two accomplices, all in fat suits, pointing at joggers in Hyde Park and shouting "Oi skinnies! Ha ha ha, eat some food you skinny bastards!"

Agree with most of what's been said (especially liked the phrase "pie-congested throats" - read while eating lunch al desko), but I do have sympathy for folk who are overweight, depressed and eat through low self esteem. The family in question doesn't come across that way, although I suspect the article has been written to portray them as fat, lazy scroungers (quite successfully, in my view).

i agree with the above, its very simple, you eat what you burn, you dont burn much, you dont eat much, i used ot eat a whole lot more when i was younger cuz i did the exercise to burn it off, i moved ot a town where i dont do half as much, i conciously cut down, i have remained the same what for over 10 years, with only going up, when i made myself full all the time, gained and lost a stone in a year, got sick of the feeling, i walk away from meals, content, and not full,

I see no fat people in africa, is that because they dont have the gene that will make them fat, maybe or maybe its cuase they dont eat much, if you have a car with half a tank of petrol and you go on a journey that will use half a tank, to try and fill it with a full tanks worth of petrol, would make it overflow, therefore you only fill the car in accordance with the jouney it will take, therefore only take on the calories you are going ot burn that day

breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper, is another way helping keeping the weight down, i dont sympathise with these people at all, someone needs to put these people in a strict prison to monitor these people 24/7 to make sure they only eat the correct nutritaional diet, but alas these people are only the tip of the iceberg, so would this way would be very costly.

ive had this for a while but cant remember where i copied it from

Boost your alertness with protein. Protein foods are broken down into their amino acid building blocks during digestion. One amino acid, called tyrosine, will increase the production of dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. These neurotransmitters are known for their ability to increase levels of alertness and energy. No one eats pure tyrosine, but eating foods high in protein will give you a slight mental boost. High protein foods include fish, poultry, meat, and eggs. If you can't eat those, try high protein foods that also contain significant amount of carbohydrates, such as legumes, cheese, milk, or tofu.

For relaxation and anti-stress, eat carbohydrates. Eating carbohydrates will trigger the release of insulin into the blood stream. Insulin goes about clearing all the amino acids out of the blood, with the exception of tryptophan. Tryptophan is an amino acid that normally gets crowded out by other amino acids in its attempt to cross the blood brain barrier, but when its competitors are out of the way, it enters the brain en mass. Once in the brain, the tryptophan is converted to serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that has the effect of reducing pain, decreasing appetite, and producing a sense of calm, and in too large a quantity, inducing sleep. Research has shown that dieters tend to become depressed about two weeks into a diet, about the time their serotonin levels have dropped due to decreased carbohydrate intake. Healthy carbohydrate foods to turn to for anti-stress include whole grain breads and crackers, whole grain pasta, rice, cereal, and fruits.

For the most beneficial effect of either carbohydrate or protein, eat them separately. For example, the energy boosting effect of protein will be offset if you start out a lunch of fish (pure protein) with a roll (mostly carbohydrate). Make the protein the first food that you eat, and then, go lightly on the carbohydrate if it is mental alertness you are after.

Caffeine can be an effective antidepressant. Despite its bad rap, caffeine can do some good. For mild cases of depression which do not need medical attention, a little caffeine can be an effective antidepressant. It has the added benefit of not needing to increase the dosage daily to get the same effect. Long term epidemiological evidence more than supports the safety of a cup or two of coffee a day. More than that however can begin to have counterproductive effects in some people.

Likewise, folic acid is an important counter to depression. Folic acid deficiencies have been linked to depression in clinical studies. Folic acid deficiency causes serotonin levels in the brain to decrease. Psychiatric patients with depression have much higher rates of folic acid deficiency than the general public. As little as 200 micrograms was enough to relieve the depression -- that amount is easily obtained in a cup of cooked spinach or a glass of orange juice.

Lack of selenium can cause bad moods. Individuals suffering from a lack of selenium have been shown to be more anxious, irritable, hostile, and depressed than their non-lacking counterparts. Correcting deficiencies normalizes mood, but getting more does not elevate mood further. It is speculated that selenium may have some unknown neural function, but as of yet, its mode of action is unknown. Be sure to get your daily dose by eating a Brazil nut, or tuna sandwich, sunflower seeds, whole grain cereals, or swordfish.

Put eggs back in your diet to improve memory and concentration. One nutrient that many of us are apt to be low on, in our fervor to avoid high-cholesterol foods, is choline. Choline is a B complex vitamin that is concentrated in high cholesterol foods like eggs and liver. A lack of choline can cause impairment of memory and concentration. Choline is a precursor to the brain neurotransmitter, acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is linked to memory. People given drugs that block acetylcholine flunk memory tests. Low levels of acetylcholine have been linked to Alzheimer's disease and poor memory. What a good excuse to put eggs back on your diet plan!

its not hard to find this stuff :LOL:

Latest posts

Back