Smoking and riding don't mix.....

The quote that accompanies the above pic...

"Prior to big climbs of the Tour de France, riders in the 1920s shared cigarettes - thought to help respiration."

You see........Speed Sticks help you CLIIIIIIMB :LOL:

Suprised the two Si's haven't been on this thread. Went round Thrunton on a night ride with them, got to the top of the climb they sparked up and one of them produced a wind up radio. Relaxed biking :LOL:

jango":2bw8ngw7 said:
The quote that accompanies the above pic...

"Prior to big climbs of the Tour de France, riders in the 1920s shared cigarettes - thought to help respiration."

You see........Speed Sticks help you CLIIIIIIMB :LOL:

bloody hell ok you win but you did say you where gonna quit like age's ago mate :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

bloody hell ok you win but you did say you where gonna quit like age's ago mate

Yeah, one day before I'm 40.............oh F@@k, not long to go :roll:

I remember reading somewhere of a Tour de France rider, possible winner, who was prescribed by his doctor "3 cigarettes a day to cure an abnormally slow heartbeat".........oh how times have changed :LOL:

if anyone can remember his name, post it up....I'm guessing this was between the wars period.

most riders used to have wine in their bottles .

there is a story of a rider who was so drunk that he killed himself on a downhill as he did not see a truck parked on the side of the road .

P20":2yhbzg7h said:
Suprised the two Si's haven't been on this thread. Went round Thrunton on a night ride with them, got to the top of the climb they sparked up and one of them produced a wind up radio. Relaxed biking :LOL:

That I get, sounds cool. :cool:

Back