The MBUK Zaskar

Yep, it was built to be ridden. In fact, it bought me in to work this morning and got the usual amount of envious looks from schoolkids along the way :cool:

saw this on the bay was wondering if it would be bought by a collector or a proper rider
result! looks great covered in mud :cool:

She sure is a beaut :cool:

Anybody know if you can get hold of those purple brakes they look mint.

[/quote]Does that litttle pseudo punk fella still write for MBUK, the one with a dog in his pocket?

Erm, I guess you mean Jamie Hibberd. He was no pseudo punk- he was heavily in to Punk and Metal and went on to succesfully Edit Metal Hammer magazine for a few years.
He's now working for Top Gear...

I remember him at college....100% psuedo punk/metal lol

Nice bike although I'm not keen on the purple bits..just personal preference I suppose

Chris":2qssfe1e said:

They were done by Hope for the mag as a one-off (Pretty sure that's right).

Nice bike fella, glad it's a rider and not a wall-flower :D

xizang":yojo5bn7 said:
Chris":yojo5bn7 said:

Yup, one off brakes, as far as I know not another pair in existence, same for the hubs too (I think!)

Andy B":1qubbgaw said:
xizang":1qubbgaw said:
Chris":1qubbgaw said:

Yup, one off brakes, as far as I know not another pair in existence, same for the hubs too (I think!)

That is correct, they're (alllegedly) one offs. The hubs have MBUK 20th Anniversary etched in to them as do the brake levers and calipers.

I'm actually in a bit of a quandry with the bike at the moment. I use the road bike far more and don't have enough space in my apartment for all the bikes together, so one of them is likely to be put up for sale. Quite which one, or what I'd ask for the Zaskar is a tricky one as it's totally unique and not to everyone's taste. I'll entertain offers for it though :)

Latest posts

Back