PACE RC100.- Finished with high res pics on page 9

That is stunning. Have another bottle of wine, make it Champagne, you deserve it. Truly amazing result. Please ride it, summer only!

Glad to see it finished atlast, you took your sweet time over it!

Well worth it though, the effort really shows, I dont think they looked that good when they left the pace workshop 20years ago!

I dont suppose you have the ral code for the paint do you? You may have gotten me to pull my finger out and finish my RC100, I did a trial build of it about a year ago, and have been riding it as is ever since. Something to think about once the Roberts and the RC500 are out of the way.

Bravo Si, hats off to you sir.

Give me a shout when it’s in the workshop and I'll pop over and drool.

YOU'VE got to ride this bike; it's the best climbing machine I've ever ridden, yep it does knock the shit out of you on the downhills, just make sure you glue your teeth in ;)

toons":2iot1ajf said:
Bravo Si, hats off to you sir.

Give me a shout when it’s in the workshop and I'll pop over and drool.

YOU'VE got to ride this bike; it's the best climbing machine I've ever ridden, yep it does knock the shit out of you on the downhills, just make sure you glue your teeth in ;)

Would like to get some pics of it together with its older sister!

Jerky-

I'm affraid I have no RAL code. It is said to be a Porsche colour. I tried that colour and it was far too light. I eventually hand tinted the basecoat and sprayed out test cards until I was happy with the colour. It took three attempts on the bike until it looked spot on. Painting was probably the most frustrating part of the build- hence my reluctance to ride the damn thing. I think the answer is to find another RC100 to build as a user :roll:

Thanks again for all your kind words- makes the pleasure and pain of this resto all the more satisfying.

Cheers
Si

Dr S":14ox4k2d said:
Would like to get some pics of it together with its older sister!

Sounds like a plan.

I've just bagged some pace hubs\231CD's, new magura brake and some wider bars from ebay. I'll get those fitted and give you a shout.

I'll change the forks as well.

Are you in the new house yet or turned into a gypo on Morpeth common?

ameybrook":1wf1ltac said:
I love builds like this - a vision turned into realty with time & patience. Stunning execution. Props.

Thanks Mike, coming from you that is really something. Your builds have always inspired me to try harder and they really do set the standard on RetroBike in my opinion and to get your approval really means a lot to me. Cheers buddy.

stunning bike.......congratulations.......i remember the test in an early mbuk,still as great to look at all these years later.....

Back