The things that children say

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Just got off the phone to my three and a half year old daughter. conversation went like this....

'Are you looking forward to coming up to Daddies workshop to see the old steamy go past?' (refering to the Peppercorn class loco that is coming to town this evening)

Silence followed by a sigh

'Daddy. Don't be silly. Its not a steamy. Daisy (her younger sister) calls them steamies but she is just a silly baby and doen't know any better. Its a peppercorn train and its going to Bethlehem, not your workshop! Mummy says stop talking on the phone and don't be late'

Bless em :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: The stuff kids come out with are great.

Little converstaion with my 6.5 yo the other day.

Lola "Poppy wasn't at school today and she's going to Germany"

Me " Oh, is she going to emigrate"

Lola " No Daddy (rolls eyes), I said she is going to Germany! "

Laughed all the way home :LOL:

My son aged 6 is autistic, he comes out with some beauties. His latest one is 'School is closed today' which he expects us to believe when he is after a day off school.

mine once said whats it like in the olden days? i locked the little charmer in the dark room full of spiders for the day..... :twisted:

gibbleking":3uku9kc8 said:
mine once said whats it like in the olden days? i locked the little charmer in the dark room full of spiders for the day..... :twisted:

You could have just shown her retrobike . . .

Picture the scene: This weekend I was watching TV over breakfast with my son Alfie (he's 5 and Steve Irwin is his hero) So 'Stevo' is trying to tie up this big croc

Alfie (at the TV) "jump on his back, you've got to jump on his back!"

ME - "isn't that dangerous? He might get eaten"

Alfie (rolling his eyes at me) "it's risk you have to take, if it's your time, it's your time!"

(Alfie now wants to be a crocodile hunter when he grows up)

Back