F.A.O Mazdaman1980

Status
Not open for further replies.
legrandefromage":2soczla8 said:
missmyfat":2soczla8 said:
Is this the same chap that everyone was donating bits to because he had no money, only for numerous threads on what he has since bought? :roll:

I did find that slightly odd...

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.. I think it was quite hard to see what was going on through the thick haze of karma.. :|

OrangeRetro":lbywyulg said:
legrandefromage":lbywyulg said:
missmyfat":lbywyulg said:
Is this the same chap that everyone was donating bits to because he had no money, only for numerous threads on what he has since bought? :roll:

I did find that slightly odd...

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.. I think it was quite hard to see what was going on through the thick haze of karma.. :|

Know what you mean. Have thought about mentioning this before but didn't think it was my place. Seen multiple builds appear, but not the one that a lot of people donated to.
Sure there was talk of a raffle for the finished build with funds raised going to charity too??
Hope this all works out ok for all concerned as I have been amazed by the honesty and willingness to help out of the members of this forum :)

I donated a Girvin Fork a couple of weeks ago for the "Kudo" bike, i hope to see some nice pictures soon

The part I donated (and which he was extremely keen to have) wasn't even used on the build! :LOL:

Ooooh, things seem to be going a little sour. Retrobike is like a soap opera (except I forget it's real). I'm off to look at that star-fangled e-stay in BOTM - funniest thing i've seen in ages!

I don't wish to draw conclusions on Mazdaman1980 but feel it necessary to clear my name in this karma bike matter.

Mr. K donated a Off-Road Proflex frame to him after Mazdaman won a 'sing for your supper' style karma give away. He then posted in the Readers bikes section when the frame arrived to show off his karma frame to the rest of us. I thought it kind of Mr. K and so offered to give whatever spare parts I had lying around to help the project (the kind of stuff that i'll never get around to using or selling), I also encouaged other retrobikers to do the same and see if we could make a retrobike purely out of karma parts. I was delighted to see many other retrobikers giving generously to the project. However, since the parts were donated i've heard very little of the project, whilst other projects (no less than Kleins and alike) have been posted by Mazdaman.

I do not know Mazdaman in person but will say that he always came across to me as one of retrobikes good guys. I'm therefore extremely disappointed to read this thread and indeed the problems he has caused.

If indeed the worse case scenario has occured and Mazdaman no longer wishes to be amongst us, I am very sorry for my part in encouraging people to donate to the 'karma project'. I can assure you I had the very best intentions at heart. I too gave several parts to the project and feel equally let down. This all leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

However, should this be a simple misunderstanding, Mazdaman please see everybody straight with what is owned and finish the karma bike for charity. I think you owe the retrobike community that much at the very least.

sinnett177":1fxx8qat said:
I don't wish to draw conclusions on Mazdaman1980 but feel it necessary to clear my name in this karma bike matter.

Mr. K donated a Off-Road Proflex frame to him after Mazdaman won a 'sing for your supper' style karma give away. He then posted in the Readers bikes section when the frame arrived to show off his karma frame to the rest of us. I thought it kind of Mr. K and so offered to give whatever spare parts I had lying around to help the project (the kind of stuff that i'll never get around to using or selling), I also encouaged other retrobikers to do the same and see if we could make a retrobike purely out of karma parts. I was delighted to see many other retrobikers giving generously to the project. However, since the parts were donated i've heard very little of the project, whilst other projects (no less than Kleins and alike) have been posted by Mazdaman.

I do not know Mazdaman in person but will say that he always came across to me as one of retrobikes good guys. I'm therefore extremely disappointed to read this thread and indeed the problems he has caused.

If indeed the worse case scenario has occured and Mazdaman no longer wishes to be amongst us, I am very sorry for my part in encouraging people to donate to the 'karma project'. I can assure you I had the very best intentions at heart. I too gave several parts to the project and feel equally let down. This all leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

However, should this be a simple misunderstanding, Mazdaman please see everybody straight with what is owned and finish the karma bike for charity. I think you owe the retrobike community that much at the very least.

Well said Mark - I think you basically did a decent thing. Hopefully mazdaman can prove us all wrong.

He will be mazdaman1980rx7 on the bay.

I genuinely hope to be proved wrong, and i am also hoping to not get flamed

if this turns into a witch hunt, I was just genuinely tired of getting the run

around from him and also annoyed that he would ignore my pm's when

he was on here. Im sorry if my starting this thread has annoyed some

members, i know mazdaman1980 is a well known name on here and a lot of

you have had a few dealings with him which i followed and watched with

interest. He even offered me "A" proflex frame in trade for the items i sent

to him, i hope it was'nt the one he was donated, i never recieved pics of i

it as i was'nt interested.

I know i said i was just going to shut up in here,

Sorry :oops:

Gc

exbiker":1h7kj6zb said:
Does anyone know if mazdaman1980 is the same as mazdamanrx71980 on Ebay?

Yes, I first delt with him on e-bay as a seller, and introduced him to Retrobike. Feeling a little bad about this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back