Anyone got a Mini Cooper S?

My younger sister have one too, I have driven it a few times but find it so cramped inside due as I am tall myself and the roof seem low which it's hard to see the traffic lights when stopped at junction, dont get me wrong, it's nice car and handle well but it's suitable for girls and small people aswell, major downfall is the boot which it's shocking so small that you cant put a suitcase in, just enough for shopping bags and a handbag.

It's icon car though and seem to hold it value well at the moment despite the current recession.

Don't wish to start a debate about good versus old here but.

Having driven the new Cooper S's (both the original super- and recent turbo-charged versions) I have to say they're fantastic handling cars compared to many of the hot-hatches that you find around nowadays

However, getting from one of those into my old Mini Cooper S (1380cc, twin SUs, spax coilovers – the works) I have to say the modern ones still leave me a bit cold. The old girl was ab absolute rocket ship, and handled like nothing else I've ever driven – my bottle was always going to run out before the grip did.

Sold EMO to fund the wifes first car a fair few years ago and it was the worst decision I ever made – If I ever see her again I'd offer silly money to buy her back.

Oh, and Guybe, if you think the new ones are cramped for a 6ft fella, try getting in one of the old ones :D

Well, after six weeks of ownership it still brings a massive grin to my face every time i start it up :)

Handling wise, it is good. The best OEM fwd car i've ever driven. I'm not sure it's entirely fair to compare it to a previous Mini that appears to have been so fully sorted ;)

One thing about the MINI is that the Pirelli Euphor@ runflats are awfull, awfull tyres :( I think RF's on such a small car are a bad idea anyway, but these in particular are shocking on anything other than warm, dry roads.

As for the height thing, well i'm nudging 6'5" and it fits me just fine. I can even get a bike in the back! :cool:

Bin the runflats and you will will cherish the joys of a complient, predictable ride.
Run flats = DM steel toe caps with slick sole
Bridgestones = Light ballet shoes to prance around the roads.

Hey Tallpaul – wasn't dissing the ride mate. These new Minis are still among the most fun cars on the modern market. I'd have one as a daily car any day (but my commute really needs a densel)

If you want much more than one of the new cooper s's you're into proper sportscar territory.

My old girl didn't really compare to any of the older mini's either to be honest. The new ones certainly capture the spirit of the originals

Back