Trick to not pay fees with gift payment

Oh dont get me wrong, without paypal i could not have bought my parts but if i can help to save a few members some money i will. At the end of the day it serves its purpose.

I also agree with Dr S, why should you get their services for free? it is not free for them to set up and run Paypal, neither is it free for them to process transactions. I don't understand why people expect these services for free? :? You don't expect to post a letter for free? Sorry to sound a bit like I'm getting my handbag out, but this ongoing debate just seems a bit silly. :)

As a footnote, I don't get charged for gifts for smaller amounts, but did when I was paying for wheels at £130. All the funds came directly from my verified bank account. Happy to pay either way, but nice if I don't have to. ;)

Dont feel sorry for paypal, they are not losing. They earn a fortune on the money from it being in their system. If they have it in their account for 5 days they earn interest from it. And the owner of it is buying up small car companies so dont feel guilty!

ive only paid a fee on gift when paying overseas,all uk was free.i have a premier account direct from bank account and no funds in paypal.

No i dont think so, the process would still be the same, the admin would be the same also. In fact it would make more sense to charge on smaller amounts than bigger!

Most of the payments have been UK.

I always end up paying a gift fee have never been able to avoid fees

My paypal is set up through my debit card maybe I need to fund it striaght from my bank

Going back to dr s I hear what your saying if everyone paid fees then fine but I'm not comfortable paying them when others seem to legally be getting away with it

Back