Trick to not pay fees with gift payment

Easy_Rider":1otdy6tx said:
Surfr":1otdy6tx said:
Easy_Rider":1otdy6tx said:
MAXTHEROTTI":1otdy6tx said:
right as has been said many times gift payment is free for any amont as long as there are funds in the account ;)
if the payment is coming out of your bank or off your card then the fee applies ;)

rob

Not quite as simple as that, i pay from a visa debit (never have funds sitting with paypoo) and when i pay gift there is no fee either. So it might just be with credit cards?

nope. I pay for everything with 2 debit cards and ALWAYS pay fees. Next! Someone must know the trick.

But do you "gift" it? or pay normally?

Gift every time.

orange71":365jgc1n said:
I can't work it out as sometimes I pay a fee and sometimes I don't. I think it relates to having money in your account somehow as mine normally comes straight off my credit card, but recently having a few quid in the account I suddenly wasn't paying a fee.

I also wondered if it had anything to do with mine being a premium or business account?

ah, you might have something there! Mine is a normal user, but had it since 2003.

I must have used gift, sent and recieved, no more than 10 or 15 times, and I havn't been charged for recieving anything yet and nobody has reported being charged to the ones i've sent :?

chris667":9fsiugl3 said:
Why do people not do bank transfers? Totally secure, and no money to the Ebay corporation.

Chris i have to say it but with your bank detail and an address which i could get easy i could wipe your account out, thats why i dont. I hate the fact that your right in what you say but you just cant trust anyone these days. You must be the kind and trusting type, your a rare breed!

mazdaman1980":28ytzm2x said:
chris667":28ytzm2x said:
Why do people not do bank transfers? Totally secure, and no money to the Ebay corporation.

Chris i have to say it but with your bank detail and an address which i could get easy i could wipe your account out, thats why i dont. I hate the fact that your right in what you say but you just cant trust anyone these days. You must be the kind and trusting type, your a rare breed!

That may be true, but the very same bank details are written on a cheque, with the added disadvantage of your signature too!

I can't understand why anyone has a problem with fees- they are providing a useful service and are running a business! Banks charge for cashing cheques, using cards, putting money in and out so what's the big problem. I always insist on Paypal when selling on eBay or here, and I'll stump up the fees. If I was to get a cheque, it's an hour out of my day and a 15 mile round trip in a car that does 10mpg to cash it- it's then a weeks wait before doing the same journey to post it out. Its a no brainer really.

Si

Dr S":2iftear0 said:
I can't understand why anyone has a problem with fees- they are providing a useful service and are running a business! Banks charge for cashing cheques, using cards, putting money in and out so what's the big problem. I always insist on Paypal when selling on eBay or here, and I'll stump up the fees. If I was to get a cheque, it's an hour out of my day and a 15 mile round trip in a car that does 10mpg to cash it- it's then a weeks wait before doing the same journey to post it out. Its a no brainer really.

Si

have to agree with that ;)
would still use paypal even if they loose the free gift facility
rob

I *think* if you use your bank account as the funding source (you can change it when you go to send the money) then there is no fee to pay.

Dr S":23xxodlw said:

Si

Agree and disagree. If you are used to paying banking charges, i.e. for a business account then the paypoo fees seem ok. But on personal accounts there are no fees. I take your point on cheques, but you can post them to your bank.

Biggest problem with paypoo is that it is classed as a holding bank and therefore does not fall under FSA regulations, hence the reason i don't keep any funds with them.

I hate cheques, but have an old Nationwide invest direct account which is quite handy.
I just post any cheques off to it and then use the cash card to get it back out when needed. They pay all the postage and send me new envelopes.

Back