1990 Raleigh Dyna-Tech - Team Colours

carlton dyna-tech

Old School Hero
main.php

1990 Raleigh Dyna-Tech 2070 MTB with Campagnolo Centaur MTB groupset and Campagnolo Mirox rims.

FRAME Reynolds 2070 Manganese Molybdenum butted main tubes. Manganese Molybdenum taper-gauge stays. Bonded to aluminium lugs. Sprayed in Raleigh Team Colour of the time (1990s).
FORKS Reynolds 531 oversize (Tandem)
REAR CHANGER Campagnolo Centaur (Campag code: Q010-LG)
FRONT CHANGER Campagnolo Euclid (Campag code: M022)
CHAINSET Campagnolo Centaur (Campag code: Q040)
PEDALS Tioga (although now fitted with Centaur bear-traps)
HUBS Campagnolo Centaur – normal flange. (Campag code: Q300) X-Lite Quick-cams fitted.
BOTTOM BRACKET Campagnolo Centaur
BRAKES Campagnolo – Cantilever
BRAKE LEVERS Campagnolo Centaur – Compact (Campag code: Q05C-DX/SX)
SHIFTERS Campagnolo Centaur (thumbshifters). (Campag code: 0118-155)
RIMS Campagnolo – Mirox 6082 Alloy – T6
SEATPOST X-Lite (soon to be replaced with Campagnolo Centaur MTB one)
SADDLE Campagnolo – Electa (inflatable)
STEM Girvin Flex-stem. (Sprayed to match frame colour)
BARS Reynolds 753 (Black). X-Lite ‘stubbie’ bar ends.

Still in everyday use and still attracting positive comments from the 'youth-of-today'. So-far I've not experienced the Dyna-Tech cracking frame problem, which must mean it's quite sturdy as I'm no lightweight myself (19-stone). My age (51 in January 09) now means that neither my Dyna-Tech nor I get as rough-and-dirty as we'd like.

Hi Carlton,

Very nice blue colour thoroughbred. Looks to be in great shape from the pic.

How is that inflatable seat feature?

Thats lovely. Looks absolutely mint and really well looked after. Liking that Campag groupset too.

The team colours are the business as you say, is the colour yellow or the day glow yellow/green?

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Elev12k - the Campag "Electa" saddle, features the "Sella-Pneumatic System," which allows the rider to fine-tune the firmness of the saddle by inflating and deflating a bladder sandwiched between the leather upper and the saddle shell. The saddle features gold-plated trim at the front and rear, and a presta valve fitting under the nose of the saddle into which air can be pumped to adjust the seat. I've never used it inflated as, to me (who is used to riding a 'hard' Brooks saddle) it seems comfy-enough. http://www.campyonly.com/reviews/electa.html

sinnett177 - The yellow is the 'proper' team day-glow yellow. I specified it at the time when I placed my order with the Special Products Division (then at Nottingham). I have seen another non-DynaTech MTB around Gosport and it has the (standard) yellow colour and (dare I say) it doesn't seem so 'striking'.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back