Oh bugger

I was made redundant on the 17th of november, from a job I loved. It hurts when it happens (especially if its your 1st time) but all i have ever learned is that life goes on and on the whole bigger and better things will happen.

I have been very lucky this time, I had a 3 month clause on my contract so am still being paid for 3 months by my old firm, I am currently doing a short term contract, and have a job offer on the table for a perm role starting in jan, although i am still looking to see if anything else is out there.

My best advice would be to get very proactive as soon as possible on the looking for new work front. There are still a lot of jobs being advertised but as time goes by the numbers of people going for them will climb.... so put your self out there.

Put a decent CV up on monster then wait for the agents to start calling, most of them are vulture like in there actions, trying to get you on the list for any suitable roles that pop up, but some from my experience are genuinely useful.

bummer, my bro has been laid off aswel, and i must admit that due to the relatively militant union where i work i'm concerned for the longevity of my job.

hope things get better. :)

Sorry to hear that

Sorry to hear that mate.
Hang in there, things will get better.
All the best
Jamie

Back