Kona Cinder Cone 1991 - Suntour hubs

crezzer

Retro Newbie
My first post here.
I've a '91 Cinder Cone which was only raced occasionally in the early 90s and has had an easy life since then.
It's still got the original Suntour Hubs and the rear bearing cups have finally died (awful grinding metal sound for 20 miles!). :cry:
I haven't the cash to get new hubs as this'll mean a wheel rebuild too and I haven't got the time or expertise at the moment.
So the question is - can you still get the cups? Hopefully I can then just knock the old ones out and pop in the new with some new bearings.
thanks

It's not the lovely gold one. I went for black though I can't remember my reasoning. It was either that they did black every year so you'd never tell how old it was or that the Cinder Cone was the cheapest model that they did in black so some people might think it was a sexier model!

'91 Cinder Cone

Can you help me out? my memory is fading...

If your Suntour Black (I only ever saw one black Cinder Cone) Cinder Cone was 1991, then what colour were they in '92?

I had the horrible silver / green colour Cinder Cone which I had thought was a 93?

THANKYOU SO MUCH

what an amazing site! - I had forgotton how cool those bikes were - not sure we always realised at the time!

BTW The '92 cindercone was red!

Back