Catch & Release: Immaculate C40 B-Stay (58) Frameset

Rich-Ti

Dirt Disciple
I picked up a C40 at the weekend expecting it to be a bit of a beater and in need of some TLC, but it's turned out to be an immaculate unmolested example that just needed a wipe down and a rebuild with some decent kit!

As weird as it sounds, that makes me want to sell it more than it makes me want to keep it - this was only supposed to be an experiment / whimsical folly / commuter hack, but it's way too nice for that (it makes me want to go all out on a ridiculous polished and panto'd Athena 11v build with Hyperon Ultras; and I just cannot do that right now)!

Anyway, I threw it together with my spare 12v Record groupset to see what it was like:

49912342272_256a68ae9d_b.jpg

I believe it to be a 58 (56cm TT, 16.6cm HT), but I'll check that! It's a B-Stay model in AD10 paint (so I'm told) with a 1" steerer and Star Carbon fork.

It has the original Colnago seat post, original seat clamp and a clean and smooth 1" Record headset. The steerer is shimmed - I will include the shim and a 120mm ITM stem (for 26.0mm bars) that came with it.

The BB shell itself is in great condition (there was barely even any muck inside when I removed the old square taper unit); and I have obviously installed Campag Ultra Torque cups - which I can leave in place if a potential buyer wanted those.

I've given it one 10-mile shakedown ride. On that basis I feel like I should experience it more because it feels too good to be true for a circa 20-year-old carbon bike; but I also don't want to wreck its condition for someone who might appreciate more than me.

Price-wise, I'm thinking £950 shipped for the frameset?

If I'm way off the mark let me know - I'm happy to consider offers; but bear in mind that shipping from Australia will cost me circa £200.

I'll post more pics as soon as possible. PM me if you want to chat about it.

Back