Time Cleats but Which Ones?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Hello everyone. I'm supposed to be on holiday in Sardinia right now. Instead, I find myself with a shoe/pedal/cleats issue. My long serving shoes have quit on me following a proper soaking that might also have seen off my G armin.
Languishing in the wardrobe I found the very first pair of clipless shoes I ever bought way back in the early 90s whilst I was at Uni. They will do the job!

For the last 8 years or so I have been using the same worn cleats and pedals I think I got from someone on here. They have been great and have outlasted Look pedals that famously exploded on a Retro ride and another set of Times the cleats for which appeared to be made from a soft cheese.

I am hoping to find a new/used set of cleats but I need to know what to ask for. Here's a couple of photos:

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 424
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 424
Those are RX/impact cleats, i've a vague recollection of seeing them still available on one of the big online retailers sites.

mattr":2wehpj1b said:
https://www.merlincycles.com/time-road-cleats-46218.html

In stock.

(Yes, they look different, but completely interchangeable. (I run all combinations of pedals and cleats of that generation/type)

Spot on. Cheers dude!

Time are great systems used every model since they came out in the 80’s :)
Currently on Xpresso’s Titan 12’s & Ceramic 15’s.. just love they quality

How retro is that? Just noticed on the second photograph, you can just see my still used Bula headband!

It used to keep my flowing locks tied back but now stops sweat sheeting down my dome.

How times change.

Back