Best way to restore a nickle p7

Re:

It does have a bit of pitting but it seems the best way to remove it is with my fingernail!? But worried wire wool well scratch it?

Re: Re:

M-Power":34hqob0f said:
I have found places that will nickel chrome bicycle parts only ( Chopper, classics ) but not entire frames. Anybody know a place that will do a whole steel frame and forks ?

I had a P7 frame re-plated by a guy called Bryan Purves, website here. That was about eight years ago though, not sure if he will still do bike frames. Link to my build thread here. Apologies for the photobucket images.....
It was expensive, but he did a great job although t almost looks too shiny to me. The methods above look great if your frame isn't too far gone, which I think mine was.

Re: Re:

renaldo":5lyi52yp said:
M-Power":5lyi52yp said:
I have found places that will nickel chrome bicycle parts only ( Chopper, classics ) but not entire frames. Anybody know a place that will do a whole steel frame and forks ?

I had a P7 frame re-plated by a guy called Bryan Purves, website here. That was about eight years ago though, not sure if he will still do bike frames. Link to my build thread here. Apologies for the photobucket images.....
It was expensive, but he did a great job although t almost looks too shiny to me. The methods above look great if your frame isn't too far gone, which I think mine was.

Thanks for the recommendation. His price seems reasonable considering all the extra work you had done back then. Im guessing £3-350 today maybe :? He did an amazing job on your P7 :cool: Assuming he still does chrome jobs after all these years, I would be looking ideally for a slightly duller finish. There is a Series III Nickel Breezer finish im aiming for on an early fillet brazed frame. I will shoot him an eml and see what happens.

Back