Hennie Kuiper's TI-Raleigh 1976 Team Bike Frame Number HK276

DSH":3csnt3ts said:
Midlife I had tried to send Neil a mountain of photos of 3612 a couple of months ago (transfer position, paint with the yellow under-spray, lugs etc. However, I have a feeling they did not arrive. In any case you have the frame now:)

I has also tried to send some photos of SB5797, I assume these did not go through either. At some point I'll put them all in albums on CC.

Definitely not received either of those which is strange as my email is normally bullet proof - I get loads of images sent through.

I saw 3612 on CC? and 5797 on Marktplaats?

Coincidentally, I also didn't get a notification that you had commented on this post which is strange as I have for every other comment.

@DSH sorry, I didn't twig you had a different username here on Retrobike. Neil is right, he would have seen the 3612 on Cyclechat..... And then I bought it. :) Wrapped and delivered in bombproof box.

Frame to me looks to have original paint and decals, a bit worn now but best kept as it left SBDU.

Being a huge fan of Shimano and stuff from RJ Chicken my Campag stash is a bit limited so will have to go Italian fir this one, and I don't mean pizza. I wonder if Neil would be kind and advise what the seat post size would be :)

Really pleased that I have finally got one :)

Midlife":bzpzf20u said:
@DSH sorry, I didn't twig you had a different username here on Retrobike. Neil is right, he would have seen the 3612 on Cyclechat..... And then I bought it. :) Wrapped and delivered in bombproof box.

Frame to me looks to have original paint and decals, a bit worn now but best kept as it left SBDU.

Being a huge fan of Shimano and stuff from RJ Chicken my Campag stash is a bit limited so will have to go Italian fir this one, and I don't mean pizza. I wonder if Neil would be kind and advise what the seat post size would be :)

Really pleased that I have finally got one :)

It could be either 26.8 or 27 depending on what gauge of 753 they used. As it is a large frame, it has a high chance of being 26.8 (but not guaranteed). The thicker gauge kept some stiffness at the expense of a tiny bit of weight.

Thanks again much appreciated, I thought it might be a bit smaller than my usual collection of 27.2 lol. Might have an SR Extra Super Light in that size but want to stay Italian :)

As an aside a 1978 carlton Pro arrived at the same time, one of my all time fave frames. Sadly the forks are borked but at 30 quid who is complaining. Going to get the scales out and weigh the Raleigh and Carlton out of sheer curiosity.

Midlife":1dzqo3ao said:
As an aside a 1978 carlton Pro arrived at the same time, one of my all time fave frames. Sadly the forks are borked but at 30 quid who is complaining. Going to get the scales out and weigh the Raleigh and Carlton out of sheer curiosity.

Silver no doubt?

Midlife":2scr9q6z said:

Snap - just got an early 81 Pro (poor condition but all there)

Attachments

• MK5 Professional Frame and Fork rb.jpg
    MK5 Professional Frame and Fork rb.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 668
Re: Hennie Kuiper's TI-Raleigh 1976 Team Bike Frame Number HK

3612 photos now on CC album.

5797 was on Marktplaats but identified as Reynolds 653 and respirated in an inverted Gazelle colour scheme. Photos too large up upload and I cann’T workout how to reduce: there are some pics on the thread About repairing Reynolds 753 I started over there.

Hi Neil

Here's the sold eBay advert for mine. Probably identical to yours apart from the cable routing for the mechs. Best bang for buck frames around at the time :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-26-Carlto ... 7675.l2557

I also have a 1983 Carlton Pro, where some clown had ground off all the braze ons and swapped to forks to make a "fixie"...... And hand painted it blue!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back