building and riding

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
it's occurred to me recently that i like building up bikes at least as much as i like riding - i love the sourcing and the bolting together and the making something work

thing is, once they're bolted together, i have no interest in them at all - they get ridden about 5 miles maybe, then i just start riding my lava dome again because nothing can match the years of continual refinement it's had.

so i'm trying to think of a way of scratching my building itch without spending fortunes on bikes i dont want

"so i'm trying to think of a way of scratching my building itch without spending fortunes on bikes i dont want"

sounds like you want to spend saturday in the local shop

How far do you take your resto stuff? Nothing better than something thats a bit tired and reviving it :D

kaiser":1wazur0c said:
How far do you take your resto stuff? Nothing better than something thats a bit tired and reviving it :D

i've stripped stuff back to the bare metal and polished it up fairly nicely before now - unfortunately i dont really have an area where i can paint, not that i was any good at it when i did

25012008001_177.jpg

cranks forks and seatpost all buffed by my own fair hand

and looking at that one has made me remember why i bought it in t'first place

it's soooo pretty!

Back