Dave Lloyd Frame Register

Re:

Well, that's an unusual one, LL92542 - Is an Allsop made for Berrecloth (I assume that's a company) and constructed from Reynolds 653

You'll know this as you own the bike, but the Allsop Softride system had the saddle mounted on a long beam, Dave made a reasonable number of them.

Re:

It is indeed an allsop, it was built for the owner of Berrecloth triathlon shop in Woodford, NE london, who I bought it off about a year ago in almost unused condition

Attachments

• BE16BB2B-2118-4C52-B14C-0C5937E647AD.jpeg
    BE16BB2B-2118-4C52-B14C-0C5937E647AD.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 596
Re:

Small world, I lived in Woodford Green until I was 15.... which was a very long time ago.

That's a cool looking bike and the paint is absolute classic Dave Lloyd, wonderful.

What's it like to ride?

Re:

To be honest I’ve only rode this one up the road and back as it’s sat for a fair few years and I need to change the tyres before I give it a good blast, although even on that short ride it felt very responsive but soft if you know what I mean

Re:

Well, it's a great looking bike, I'm sure you'll have fun with it next spring.

Soft, yes, that makes perfect sense.

Re: Dave LLoyd frames

Hello Neil,

I have just begun to clean up a Dave LLoyd frame.

If I send you the frame number, which I believe is LL 89 003, but I will confirm this, might you be able to provide some information. It is a 63, c to t frame in red. Terribly neglected. It will receive a great deal of care soon.

My email is robinsidgwick@hotmail.co.uk

Kindest regards,

Robin Sidgwick.

Re:

Hi Robin, WOW that's an early frame, it is the 5th frame listed in the register. I don't have very much detail on any of the frames, but it is listed as:

L (light) Road, made for Kevin Jones from Reynolds 653.

The frame before yours was actually made for Dave Lloyd himself, in TSX, so I would say you have a very interesting frame, not necessarily worth a lot of money but definitely worth the effort of restoring it.

Hello,

I am most grateful for the response.

My LBS is cleaning the threads on the BB and gear hanger. I will check the frame data and if I was mistaken then might I contact you once more.

The current finish is a gloopy powder coat which I will remove. Is there a source of pictures other than Google images that I might consult.

I hope the present day owners of DL frames appreciate your contributions.

Kindest regards,

Rob Sidgwick

Re:

Rob, this forum and this thread is at your disposal any time.

There are quite a few of Dave's frames / bikes on this forum, so a search in the readers rides section may produce a few ideas, or just ask for advice on the forum, there are a lot of members who were riders back then and still are, so their general knowledge of what was popular at the time will I'm sure prove useful.

Hello again,

There is one last mystery.

The rear OLN distance is a tiny 110mm. The seat stays do look as if they had been bent inwards, as if modifying so ‘single speed.

Does your frame log refer to the rear spacing?

Either way I will see if my frame builder/painter can attend to this.

Once again thank you. Maybe some one else will have an idea.

Rob Sidgwick

Back