Ebay dispute...

Re:

In my experience the buyer has the power and if you paid by paypal and follow the dispute process you will be asked to return the item through an emailed printable label via the post office. Once eBay have notification of the return the seller will refund you via paypal. I had to do this today due to some dodgy aftershave I bought as a Christmas present!

I wondered what that whiff was!

I sold a sub a few months ago, got a 'feeling'about the the winners user name and lo and behold, the item arrived 'damaged' - what a surprise... Despite it being in its original box and working perfectly when it was posted. I knew for a fact that I would receive a broken subwoofer in return but as I hadnt security marked mine, I knew it wouldnt have been the one I sent out.

I just refunded the guy for a quiet life and now dont sell much.

I think you should be ok.

Re:

You should immediately file a dispute with eBay. The seller has basically shut your complaint down, so it’s not worth pursuing.
In my experience, eBay always sides with the buyer. The seller should have adequate postage insurance, so can claim on that if, as he says, they weren’t damaged when he posted them.

Either way, you’ll get your money back through eBay.

Re:

I've stopped selling on eBay myself, not because of dodgy buyers, but mostly due to the cost of selling on eBay, the chance of the hassle of a dodgy buyer and eBay siding with them, and eBay's insistence on global shipping programme usage, each time I've been forced into it, eBay have lost my parcel and it has taken months (3+) to resolve (in the interim I've refunded the buyer as it isn't their fault).

Any claim I've had to make, I've won, but I've thankfully not had to make many.

Good luck.

Re:

I think you'll be OK apart from the import duties. Not sure if you'll have to pay for return postage aswell.

Ebay usually errs on the side of the purchaser, so I suspect you should be okay. You can reclaim the duty (hassle though) but you won't get RM's handling fee back!
Best of luck with it and fingers crossed.

Re:

Ebay side heavily with buyers. You can request a postage label via ebay which the seller will be charged for.
Good luck with the dispute.

Hi mate

Trying to help BoyBurning, I would like to point that in my opinion the key is the payment mode. If you have paid by paypal (not F&F), you have a good chance to be refunded if you claim to Paypal. If payment was done by any other way, unfortunately I think you should assume that you will never be compensated.
Assuming that cracking some brake levers during transportation seems quite difficult to happen (if so package will be clearly damaged), in my opinion brake lever was cracked when shipped and you’ve been intentionally scammed.

Same happened to me with a Klein attitude bicycle bought trough ebay some years ago. I paid 2000€ by bank transfer, and later I received a bicycle with two deep dents in the left stay, of course those dents were never mentioned even if asked specifically about possible dents or damages. Seller justified alluding transportation damage, theory totally denied by the good condition of the box. In my case, for ebay was quite easy to resolve the dispute: requesting to seller original high resolution picture of left side would be enough to demonstrate damage was prior to shipping.
Claimed to ebay, they did nothing. Later I realized that seller was a RBUK member using exactly the same nick. Was RBUK member and still is, because I denounced what happened to me in a post about scammers here in RBUK, and I do not think nothing happened to him.

So briefly, if paid by Paypal claim paypal. If not, don’t lose time claiming ebay as they will do nothing but waste your time and patience.

I had an issue some years ago but it was a Hi Fi item, it was a load of crap and he was trying to rip me off, the item had come from Germany. Ebay and Paypal were useless as you are speaking to computer programmes. I went to my credit card issuer that was attached to my Paypal account, it took some weeks but they got my money back and the said item was returned. Give them a call and see what can be dome. Since then I always pay for things on my credit card where I can as you are covered.

Hi, i have been buying and selling on Ebay for many years.

Ebay will encourage you to contact the seller to try resolve any issues first. It sounds like you have already, keep the conversation polite as they read all comms. If the seller isnt co-operating simply open a dispute as item not as described, simple. Ebay will contact the seller and he has so many days to reply to them. Do not communicate any more with the seller. Regardless of his response Ebay will provide you with the means to return the item. Just follow their advice and you are covered regardless of what happens after.

I have had to go through many cases and now understand how it works, if you have any concerns simply ring customer services and they will talk you through it. If you need help with contacting them, as they hide their number through automated message loops, then just PM me and i will tell you how to get around that. They are on your side in this instance and it really is quite straight forward to resolve.

Mark

Back