Light 'em up!!!

I've got one of these:

BikerDuplex-Silver%20Big.jpg

Led Lenser Bike Duplex

But, if I was in the market for another, I'd go to Tescos! (Still might).

Ok, so i think i've decided on getting one of these £10 efforts from tesco and either making my own clamp or getting one from the link s_zigmond provided. i was thinking of buying the cateye set from the zyro catalogue (lbs' supplier) which costs £26.99 - but then remembered i've got an old cateye rear light knocking around somewhere in me dads garage. So this should cost me no more than £16-£17. Sweet!

Cheers for all your input fellas, i'm sure we'll all ride safer for less coin now!

good call albash, if you are thinking of doing some offroad action I would recommend getting two of the tesco lights.

well i do ride some unlit paths through woods on my way home but the main danger is hitting a mr-whippy! I got a fairly powerful head-torch from cotswold for £12 a while back, so i could use that in conjunction should the going get a bit darker & wilder.... i'll see how it goes. thanks again!

clockworkgazz":2pqd0pys said:
As I said got me one of them £10 led torches from tesco and it is amazing for the money- would even say that two would let you do offroad night riding albeit a bit slower than your £200 light set ups allow.

Here is a good idea of how it looks at night and the very technical mount I had to fashion given it is just a torch not a dedicated bike light. I'm sure you could also do something too :roll:

Just been rushing some lights onto mine for my weekly ride to footy. Thought my efforts were a bodge, but this makes me feel much better ;) At least I only used cable ties :LOL:
Had the 'get yourself seen' ad running through my head when I was doing it. Wasn't tempted to reach for the white gloss tho!

Wonder if using velcro straps instead of tape would work? Great idea using common or garden torches. Have to think up a holding device while decorating at the weekend (anything to take my mind off of painting doors!)

Back