The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
This is a brilliant forum- been browsing for the last couple of days and re-aquanting myself with all the stuff I used to drool over in the shops and magazines! :p
I've just picked up a '93 Rochopper Expert frame and forks along with some other retro tat to build something to get me riding again.... I have some questions about it as my memory is very sketchy! But its all coming back to me slowly but surely ;)
I'll post those questions in another thread.
Cheers! :D

Hello all, I came across this site whilst looking for a new bike, I'm currently riding a 1996 Kilauea but I think it's about time to upgrade to a 1997 Kilauea. Newer but still old enough :D .

Any 1997 Kilaueas out there?

Also is there much difference between a Kilauea and an Explosif? Which one is better?

simon, sheffield, santa cruz these days,klein before that,pace before that, Zaskar before that, few team bikes and then dave yates before that, and Alpine stars before that.

now suffering the dark side of full sus, but at my age,you need all the help.

Hi I'm charlie the bikemonger, purveyor fixed and single speed bits.

I have a website and shop www.charliethebikemonger.com

Based In Swanage Dorset, a heavy seaside town packed full of cakes, hills, surf (in winter) low beamed ale houses and rock.

I ride:
A rock lobster cyclo cross fixed/singlespeed
a Surly karate Monkey fixed/ss
A santa cruz chameleon SS for normal biking
A specialized langster fixie in turd brown
A 1920's GPO pashley clunker with renthal moto bars for the clunker classic..
A 1986 Raleigh Crested Butte (not yet delivered)

I have dis-organised the world orienBEERing champs and have been rumoured to be aware of some association with the CLUNKER CLASSIC, a 4m illegal DH race to a pub where you can race anything but a proper MTB.

The 2007 race may have an classic MTB category... who wants to race, and drink beer?

Clunk Click - every trip!

Hi Charlie,

Welcome - sounds like Retrobike oughta get the team shirts ready...! :cool:

Neil

Cheers chaps...

Simon crashy jempson, a retrobike.co.uk user (fat chance) put me on to you guys... and I'm glad I dropped in.

For sure the 2007 clunker classic will have a retrobike MTB category, racing alongside the freaks and clunkers. Keep an eye out for more details in the new year (but def.. Saturday 12 noon, 7/7/7, Ship Inn Porlock Village (not porlock weir), Somerset, UK). Last year saw around 50 ratty old bikers and bikes crash down the 4 mile hill, it will be good to see old MTBs racing. More info and disturbing pictures can be found at www.charliethebikemonger.com

Also Spring 2007 will be the first "fixed fest" for off and on road fixie frivolity... even modern fixies stench of retro.

Hello all,

started riding mtb's in 1987. Used to call it scrambling and go for a whizz round Richmond Park after school on an '87 Courier - 19&1/2in (the smallest size it came in!) Lovely pearl white frame with jam jar labels and tiny paw prints embossed into the insufficient looking seat stay/ seat tube joints. Then rather stupidly splatter painted it to look like an 88' Cinder Cone and it was never the same again.

Bike journey that followed was made up of:

'88 Saracen Trekker
'93 Rockhopper Comp
'97 Pace RC 200 F6
'97 IF Deluxe
'00 Klein Attitude
'02 Merlin Echo
'02 Merlin XLM

looking at it, that's a new one every five years or so isn't it...hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back