What hi fi system you got ?

Re:

Yay! the return of Nige's old 'subjectivists' thread ;)

legrandefromage":2egtqjyi said:
girlscomsole.jpg
+1 :D

legrandefromage":1frudc3f said:
Barking!

I now have a 1988 Technics SE M100 amplifier - onboard DAC with twin mono amplification. Very very nice compared to the Quad gear I had for a short time.

I loved my 606 and 44 but other stuff sounded better.

Music is from a Yamaha Music cast, one of the last things from down the tip. A £2000 posh hifi PC with a massive 80gb hdd - massive for 2004! The software is out there for a bigger hdd but cant be bothered yet.

It is very good with its lossless audio ripping/ playback but a bit of a technological dinosaur. Its built in wifi is now too old to communicate with the router. I have to hardwire it to update Gracenote.

Speakers are still Mission 753.

Bought a cheap A to D converter for the ipod to go into the Technics - it works rather well for £8!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121455625727? ... EBIDX%3AIT

I still have a LOT of other bits, plus am now a bit of a convert to the original Goodmans speakers. Have a set of Magnums and some Dimension 8

565221-goodmans_dimension_8_speakers.jpg

Very nice Amp ;)
http://audio-database.com/TechnicsPanas ... 100-e.html

Those speakers are interesting, what design are they?

My own Hi-Fi consists of a Pioneer SA-9500 II Amp, Pioneer CT-F1000, Pioneer TX-9500 Tuner, Project RPM 6 (Phono Box SE + Goldring MM cart) Brennan JB7 and Mordaunt Short floorstanders :D

Amp, (not mine):

407475-pioneer_sa9500ii_integrated_amplifier.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Arcam IRDAC (which is a lovely piece of kit for the cash) with a PC and CD transport front ends
audiolab 8000C/8000P combo
Linn Ninkas

Those Dimension 8 driver arrangement gave a wide image, beyond that I dont know. I do still have a Gilbert Briggs book somewhere, I think the design is included.

They sound ok at low levels but start to shrill at quite modest volumes so I think the 40 year old crossovers need work.

Anyone for a set of B&W DM603.2? I have a spare set. Not impressed with them myself as they dont suit my tastes, found them a bit woolly.

product_119127.jpg

Re:

I just bought this cheapie 'retro' system including some Wharfdale Delta 30.2 speakers for £20. Cosmetically in as new condition. I'll probably only keep the amp and speakers. Can I just use two pin AC in leads when I split the separates?

used to have an aiwa stacker first thing i ever bought with my wages,i now use the blu ray player into my yamaha surround sound

Back