Random Loft Finds....

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
After the Peaks ride all I felt able to do this afternoon was nurse my (numerous) wounds and carry on with 'Operation Tidy the Loft'. Guess what I found? If anyone wants scans of the catalogues (I haven't checked to see if they are in the archives yet), just ask and I will crank up the scanner:

Attachments

• Loft#2.jpg
    Loft#2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,807
  • Loft#1.jpg
    Loft#1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,807
Some more: (See comment above.)
Both are 1991.

Attachments

• Loft#4.jpg
    Loft#4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,804
  • Loft#3.jpg
    Loft#3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,804
Finally, (for now) something from the dim and distant past. Bikeshopowner and I were only recalling this company last week and it appears in the loft. Let's hear it for 'Charlie'.

Attachments

• Loft#5.jpg
    Loft#5.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,800
Crikey is that any alpinestars catalogue? Any chance of a scan of it?

Nice finds BTW :D

:D :D

Forgot all about those – they were all the rage when I first started riding, along with a full-length top tube pad (basically a bit of pipe lagging covered in fluro yellow nylon)

I used to have one of those old Local Motion frame bags on my first-ever mountain bike. Think I sold it along with the bike, wish I hadn't it was really quite handy. Made shouldering the old beast a bit more comfy too.

Think I might keep an eye open for one of these :LOL:

Iwasgoodonce":1pls2vr8 said:
Finally, (for now) something from the dim and distant past. Bikeshopowner and I were only recalling this company last week and it appears in the loft. Let's hear it for 'Charlie'.

I think they came out of Cornwall and has some connection to that other company BITD 'Cosmic Trail', seam to recall a conection to Windsurfing as well

Iwasgoodonce":1gvqyxfm said:

i had one of these shoulder bags in black, i think it had a label with orange writing on, really really cool :D .
i really hope i can find it !!

Trouble is, the rigid parts that go against the frame seem to have very retro geometry as the basis of their design. It fitted my first MTB, a huge Dawes Wildcat from 1986/7, but wouldn't fit my 1990 Saracen.

Back