1984 Raleigh Corsa - Bought New.

Full Shimano 600 Group.

Guys,

full Shimano 600 group on this lovely LU Raleigh Corsa.

Ok, except for the pedals, seatpost and stem!

Still looking.

Roadking

Hi Roadking,

This is perhaps an odd request but I too have a 1984 Oyster Corsa which I bought from new. At one point (many years ago) the original seatpin corroded into the tubes and required heat to remove it. No big deal but it damaged the original paint around the seat pin so I would like to repaint it back to original spec.

Here's the point... The original decal set is unavailable from Raleigh and the only decal remaining on mine is the RALEIGH pinstripe on the downtube. I have found a guy that may be able to replicate the other decals if I can get good enough images and dimensions.

I was wondering whether you'd be willing to photograph and measure the "Corsa" script on the toptube and "Handbuilt in England" decal on the seat tube?

Any help would be appreciated. :cool:

Corsa decals.

howlindawg":1f2jzb4o said:
Hi Roadking,

This is perhaps an odd request but I too have a 1984 Oyster Corsa which I bought from new. At one point (many years ago) the original seatpin corroded into the tubes and required heat to remove it. No big deal but it damaged the original paint around the seat pin so I would like to repaint it back to original spec.

Here's the point... The original decal set is unavailable from Raleigh and the only decal remaining on mine is the RALEIGH pinstripe on the downtube. I have found a guy that may be able to replicate the other decals if I can get good enough images and dimensions.

I was wondering whether you'd be willing to photograph and measure the "Corsa" script on the toptube and "Handbuilt in England" decal on the seat tube?

Any help would be appreciated. :cool:

Glad to help if I can.

I know I have a couple of the seatpost decals somewhere...might take some finding, and of course I can take some decent photos - of the Corsa script.

I can take images of both if time is an issue, if not I can look for the seat tube decal first.

Roadking.

P.S I have a set of unused original (Shimano 105"Golden Arrow") brake calipers & levers (hoods are a little frilly but not too bad) if you are interested - £30 posted to a UK address.

That would be fantastic, thank you.

No rush at all, just grateful to find someone willing and able to help. :)

I still have the full 105 groupset, although mostly not fitted to the Corsa.

Getting an original seat tube decal would be a godsend as the others will be much easier to replicate.

They are indeed lovely looking bikes. Roadking did you ever get round to posting more pics of your bikes? in particular the sbdu ;)
Shawn.

Beautiful bike and the colour is great. On the look out for something similar (Mid 80's Raleigh), my search goes on!
Just wondering what height you are for the 22.5"frame?

Re:

Apologies for the tardy reply, I don't visit RB much these days: I'm 5'10", not as flexible as when I bought it!

The frame size is 22" c-t-c or 22.5" c-t-t. I've only ever seen one other '84 Corsa in decent condition. Just had the wheels respoked with D/B stainless, now sourced some first gen' 600EX pedals - just the seatpost needed now.

Jon.

ADW1":qnoen532 said:
Beautiful bike and the colour is great. On the look out for something similar (Mid 80's Raleigh), my search goes on!
Just wondering what height you are for the 22.5"frame?
Did you find anything? I came by here trying to find a value for my 23½" circa '88 Corsa as I am going to sell it. It is a mix of original and upgraded components. I will try and put it up on the valuations page as I haven't a clue!
Cheers,
Jo

Back