Raleigh Road Ace or SBDU clone F & F for sale - Superb.

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
I think this is a bargain, and no disappointments. I bought this new in the 80s and rode it while I was having my SBDU built. It is a Raleigh Road Ace, 531 throughout frameset with Chas Roberts paint in stunning yellow pearl with a chrome (chrome poor) fork.

It has the rare SBDU stickers on the chainstays and a Campagnolo decal on the seat tube - the 531 sticker is where it should be.

Why the Harry Perry decals? Simple, I had a friend (Steve Smith) who was a mechanic at HP at the time and he built the bike and my SBDU. Steve was mentioned in the well known book on the ANC Halfords 1987 TdF squad (Wide Eyed and Legless) - Steve worked with Steve Snowling on Six Day events and on the TdF.

Size is seat tube 58 cms c-2-c, top tube 57 cms c-2-c, rear dropout width is 125mm (standard sizes for this frame). Long point Super Legere lugs with cutouts, Campagnolo dropouts.

The frame does not include the C-Record chainset, original Look pedals or the C-record headset! No dents or bad scrapes, a couple of very minor chips that don't detract when its built up.

I'd like a quick sale so £85 buys it - it is a bargain at this price?

Jon.

N.B you could easily have the fork rechromed, repainted yellow or a contrasting colour (black?), Harry Perry stickers could easily be replaced by the correct Raleigh ones then it could be an SBDU"clone".
Also: I'll happily package it but I'd prefer buyer to arrange courier.

Attachments

• RoadAce.jpg
    RoadAce.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 805
Re:

This is a cracking frameset - 241 views: is this a for sale forum or what?

One owner, history, stupid low price, what more...

Rk.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back