Renault MTB ? Anyone ever heard of those?

Raging_Bulls

Sbike Fan
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A while ago I noticed a blue and yellow MTB that was often parked around my corner. Looked nice from a distance, but has an air of BSO about it. Perhaps because it's parked on the street between several normal bikes.

Today, as I walked past it, I paid a bit more attention to it and noticed that it was a Renault Sport.
I got on the interweb and quickly found out that it was a 2005 Renault Sport Team Spirit. No real pictures to be found though, but it's apparently something they built to commemorate their F1 success.

I can't find a decent pic of the 2005 version, but this is the 2006

pbpic1487917.jpg

The 2005 frame looks very similar, but the colors are different.

fiets_team_spirit_vtt_v10.jpg

Anyone familiar with them? Or even heard of them? They seem to be extremely rare.
I'm thinking about contacting the owner and making an offer.

02gf74":1j2mj4ed said:
actually you are wrong, the colours are the same but in different places. :LOL:
:facepalm:

I meant to say that the layout was different, or the paint scheme. Thanks, now I feel really stupid.

suicide-7.gif

I still like the Renault though. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I like it.

Looks like a badge engineering exercise TBH.

Giant employed Renault F1 engineers as consultants to design the NRS series of bikes. My old NRS had a little Renault F1 logo on the seat tube.

I did come across the NRS name indeed. Renault F1-derived suspension design, or at least that was the claim.

The 2006 one is around 31lbs apparently, so I take it that it was built to a budget.

I hope it's better than their current F1 engines, but looking at the pics, maybe not.

Re:

I have one , I bought a Renaultsport R26 in 2007 and found the team spirit V8 MTB alongside the team spirit road bike. I bought the MTB at £329 down from £500 so it was never mega expensive bike but I like it still .. Its a bit of a triggers broom now but I like the remote locking front forks and its rarity, It still looks good and is a pleasure to ride. I wish I had bought the road bike too.
I bought it from a supplier in Basildon Essex.

Back