Cannondale resto

kaiser":hl09fvqb said:
Jack Hardcore":hl09fvqb said:
Did you win those Cook bros cranks on ebay a couple of weeks ago by any chance? :?: :)

Indeed I did got them yesterday :D

£46!! fapping bargain!

I was gonna whack in a bid but went to the pub and forgot about them ... gutted :cry: :LOL: ;)

stew-b":h5uu6813 said:
i'll swap you my black hyperlite bar for the renthal?

I may get back to you, I want to see how the build goes bsfore swapping any bits. A bit of ano here and there.

Jack Hardcore":2pd7xtny said:
kaiser":2pd7xtny said:
Jack Hardcore":2pd7xtny said:
Did you win those Cook bros cranks on ebay a couple of weeks ago by any chance? :?: :)

Indeed I did got them yesterday :D

£46!! fapping bargain!

I was gonna whack in a bid but went to the pub and forgot about them ... gutted :cry: :LOL: ;)

too right, I seen a pair on american ebay finished the same for double the price.

Is yetisherpa a poster?

xeo":2ggsqmkf said:
hey,
ive got nos coda brake levers in my collection..

Thanks xeo will have a think, I want to get all the bits needed before I start to change stuff.

nearly bought a polished alu killer V once, full XT , bomber forks...........£150 at local moneyspinners.

thought about it too long...................... :(

love old dales. i know they get slagged for being corporate and all that
but they do make some nice bikes
in the "shed" i've got 2 super vee carbons (95) and a 97 m900
one of the super vee's cost me near 2k in 95
the other one was free, on its way to the dump, bloke tried to sell it but
got no takers(guess the ad read something like this.. mountain bike, top of the range cost £2000 will sell for £200 or similar)
had pace rc36 forks xt stuff but all a bit tired (he told me it belonged to his son who was in aus and not coming back,so just clutter to the dad
kinda explains the worn out state of stuff)
the 900 was a commuter bike in edinburgh but some low life tried to steal it ,got the wheels/seat post etc came back for the rest but got defeated by the lock or scared off. so it languished in a cleaners cupboard for some time till preston (my mates brother )was asked to remove it
he changed jobs etc and gave it to my mate chalkie(his brother) who gave it to me in leu of payment for some machining i did for him.
so when i got it ,it was about 7 yrs old but had done about 20 miles
since then it's been thrashed round the lomonds/cairngorms/glentress etc

seems to enjoy it.

heres my old bike that i stupidly sold a few years ago for something rediculous like £300 :(
cannondale-1.jpg

thats a lot older than mine mines a caad 3 frame
they kinda got something right back then did'nt they
it's easy to be an old grumpy but when you lusted after these bikes
years ago you don't loose the want do you ?i'd rather (and do)have a shed
full of old but fit bikes than 1 new shiney bike.
mikee

that was a nice bike stew-b, like the control stem.

Back