The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
d8ean":1w78rhjq said:
what about all the XT bits - Complete XT all over the bike??

If you want to make the most money, split.

The XT bits would sell seperately, but if you want to guarantee getting rid of all the bits, offer the frame up for sale first.

This is my '94 Clockwork STX - it's in as new condition as the original owner never used it. It's just too small for me, so I'm thinking of selling. It's a 17" frame, was on ebay listed as a 21" frame.

pbpic2199182.jpg

pbpic2199189.jpg

pbpic2199180.jpg

pbpic2199187.jpg

It's a low sepc, but it's in such good condition I just keep looking at it! If it's not worth too much, I may as well hang onto it

Havent got a clue about this bike, Its my neighbours Diamond Back Vectra Comp, dont know what year?? May be you guys can enlighten us . . . Anyway he has just had a bambino and he wants to let the bike go
DSC00583.jpg
DSC00582.jpg
DSC00585.jpg

It looks like its just come out of the box even the tyres are clean (Which i gave him stick for :D ) Any ideas for a good price? Would anyone here be intersted?

d8ean":36jfxvp0 said:
after thinking about doing the bike up, and getting a head ache (not got the time or the tools to do the jobs)
might flog my bike
LTS 1 - Spin
frame is in great nick, few marks on the decals, front forks are knackered (elastomers gone)
wheels are fine
new tyres
rear shock seems fine
any ideas on what it would be worth??
would go towards a new bike i think......
(unless anyone is willing to take ona new project and re-pair it all for me? :LOL: :roll: )
img00072_864.jpg

The wheels are the most valuable part of that setup if they are in good shape- they regularly sell for over $400 as a set here in the states.

The XT bits would sell for a good price as well.

The Frame could also get you back a bit of loot if the right person happens to see it.

Put the fork up for sale as "parts"- someone will buy it.

the-nasher":36jfxvp0 said:
This is my '94 Clockwork STX - it's in as new condition as the original owner never used it. It's just too small for me, so I'm thinking of selling. It's a 17" frame, was on ebay listed as a 21" frame.

pbpic2199182.jpg

It's a low sepc, but it's in such good condition I just keep looking at it! If it's not worth too much, I may as well hang onto it

That's a great looking bike, though it's lowend, still have some valuable parts depending on what you paid for it- you could make that back by parting it out. I would be tempted to keep it. Love the LX pedals.

Foolzgold":36jfxvp0 said:
Havent got a clue about this bike, Its my neighbours Diamond Back Vectra Comp, dont know what year?? May be you guys can enlighten us . . . Anyway he has just had a bambino and he wants to let the bike go
DSC00583.jpg
DSC00582.jpg
DSC00585.jpg

It looks like its just come out of the box even the tyres are clean (Which i gave him stick for :D ) Any ideas for a good price? Would anyone here be intersted?

Not worth much, if anything- it's one step above a department store bike, and probably weighs just about as much. Stick it on ebay with a modest reserve, and hope for $75 to $125 if the buyer will a local pickup...guess that translates to about 180 GBP

GoldenEraMTB":33q2fybs said:
d8ean":33q2fybs said:
after thinking about doing the bike up, and getting a head ache (not got the time or the tools to do the jobs)
might flog my bike
LTS 1 - Spin
frame is in great nick, few marks on the decals, front forks are knackered (elastomers gone)
wheels are fine
new tyres
rear shock seems fine
any ideas on what it would be worth??
would go towards a new bike i think......
(unless anyone is willing to take ona new project and re-pair it all for me? :LOL: :roll: )
img00072_864.jpg

The wheels are the most valuable part of that setup if they are in good shape- they regularly sell for over $400 as a set here in the states.

The XT bits would sell for a good price as well.

The Frame could also get you back a bit of loot if the right person happens to see it.

Put the fork up for sale as "parts"- someone will buy it.

the-nasher":33q2fybs said:

pbpic2199182.jpg

That's a great looking bike, though it's lowend, still have some valuable parts depending on what you paid for it- you could make that back by parting it out. I would be tempted to keep it. Love the LX pedals.

Foolzgold":33q2fybs said:
DSC00583.jpg
DSC00582.jpg
DSC00585.jpg

Not worth much, if anything- it's one step above a department store bike, and probably weighs just about as much. Stick it on ebay with a modest reserve, and hope for $75 to $125 if the buyer will a local pickup...guess that translates to about 180 GBP
second that.
i personally would split up the lts and put it on ebay. should get you about 500 to 700 euros if listed properly.
the orang and diamond back are both "just bikes". ride them...

I hope im not starting to sound like a broken record!

I have an old Pace RC100 that I am thinking of shifting on to a new home
It has bullseye cranks, Suntour XC Pro and Pace rings, Pace hubs, Merlin titamium handlebars, Magura brakes, Flite seat, USE sus seat post and more

I posted a thread in the sales part but as i did not put a price on it, it has been removed.
Basicaly im looking for info on what people think its worth.
So far from what people have said it seems to be somewhere between £450 and £1000. Its a big gap and i could do with a few more opinions on it.
Im open to offers (although im not sure if i can say that on this forum) :shock:

Here is a pic...

Attachments

• Seb's Pace RC100.jpg
    Seb's Pace RC100.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,895
WinkyT":23totqe1 said:
Im open to offers (although im not sure if i can say that on this forum) :shock:

If you want to obtain the maximum amount for it, sell on eBay and offer shipping to Europe.

If you want a fair price, pick a number between 450 and 1000 and place that in an advert here. I would suggest that number is nearer 450 than 1000, but if you want more then eBay is the answer.

As I said before; somebody on here just sold an unpainted RC100 with pace stem\steerer, Magura brakes, bullseye cranks, rims\hubs and RC fork for £700. So yours if worth at least that.

Also I believe retrobikeguy sold his RC100 for £700.

Put it in the for sale section with an asking price of £1000 ono, if it doesn’t sell, stick it on eBay with a reserve of £700.

Good luck and hope this helps

The number of users of this site who would drop £1000 on this are probably in single figures, however using eBay casts a far wider net. If you really want that sort of price then i'd just go straight to auction. Take lots of pictures and include a detailed description, you'll also need to offer fully insured shipping to the UK and Europe.

z2bombers.jpg

mintsauce.jpg

this and these...

i have a vague idea but not sure what others think

mint sauce jersey, mid 90's mbuk

and 1997/8 Marzocchi bomber z2 light. i know that back then you didnt get a lot of change from £400 for them and they were what was built onto kona hot and ku so must have been pretty high end.
what are they worth now though? pretty good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back