RALEIGH SUPER U REPRODUCTION BIB SHORTS

Hi,

Recently spoke to penfold re trying to get hold of a pair of Super-U bib shorts. Did anybody have any pairs made? Mine are now thin enough to tell the time through so they cant hold on for much longer, respect to you guys as I know how hard it is to get hold of a pair, the jerseys are not a problem, can anyone help me.

Thanks.......................Reidy

Re:

I never took this any further as there didn't seem to be the interest....maybe we could look in to it again. Also the company I spoke to only make then in the modern design and the old six panel style......

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
I was going to ask you for your artwork files, would you be able to send them to me?
You'll remember that I was going to investigate 6 panel shorts with a couple of manufacturers and it's high time I get round to it.
I'll drop you a pm with email addresses.
richie

Still looking for a pair of Raleigh Super-U shorts but no takers, unless you fancied the poncy blue ones on e-bay>Did you guys ever get any made and how much did they take off you for a pair>

Re:

HI,

This is a message that im hoping will get through to 'Big Fat Ron@ I have heared that he knows where you can get your hands on Raleigh Super-U shorts?;
Ive ben trying for a long time to get a replacement pair as my originals are on the very edge (25 years old and still wearing them, I now have my Super-U replica ready for the road but no shorts. Could one of you guys get back to me with a price that they are going for please? Shirts are no problem as they last for ever, ive still got an original Super-U peaked winter hat(howsad is that?)

Would love to treat myself, or let the wife, to a new pair of Raleighs can you contact me please?

Reidy

Re:

I passed on the artwork to Bigfatron, haven't heard anything since, i know it wouldn't be easy to get this sorted but I'm sure he will reply..

I'm afraid I haven't found anyone prepared to manufacture them yet. Prendas told me that they could probably have some made but it would be a minimum order of 200 pairs.
I'm still trying to find a manufacturer, my latest enquiry is to a Czech company and I'm waiting to hear from them.
I will post as soon as I have any news.
I too have a winter hat, it goes with my winter jackets and keeps me toasty warm!
richie

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply, will keep watching the website. Found a guy named Graham at the Vintage Bike Cave who 'thinks' he has a pair somewhere, well wait and see.

Ride safe matey.

Reidy

I know Graham, very nice chap indeed.
I asked him a long while ago if he had any Super U kit after I bought a winter hat from him.
I do have a pair of new, unused waist shorts in size 4. bought them as a collectable as i'm a size 5. i've ummed and ahhed about selling them - that dream of losing the kilos makes me keep hold of them!
you're right about the jerseys being almost indestructible, just the zips fail after a while.
have you a pair of mitts? that's (and a cotton cap, which I have) the other thing I've thought of trying to get made.
richie

Back