MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Hi lads :D

Well I have only really ridden it about 100 yds

It actually feels really firm and its quite light compared to my last steed

Its needing a few quid spent on it to make it thrashable,
But not hundreds,
It needs a chainring, cluster & chain
Its a v-brake model & needs New pads all round & also some tyres wouldnt go a miss

Its still got the Easton carbon bars & xtr shifter, DX downhill pedals too

Got it at a more than fair price (once I'd haggled!!) :LOL:

I will get photaes up as soon as I can catch some daylight

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

Gc

Here it is

471F6050-016B-498C-A27E-863CBEA24025-156-0000000239A02351_zpsac84b862.jpg

Gc

Enid_Puceflange":2whthoo8 said:
RobMac":2whthoo8 said:
http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=80962
Nice!
Just as well I paid less than 1/3rd of that ;)
G
In or aroud Edinburgh :? Seems you have a lot more quality 2nds over your way. Our gumtree is full of probike or apollo types

I'm another fan of the whyte :D Of all of them out there im attracted the this the most :? I reckon its the engineering approach to the problem that most of us appreciate.

Pivot hell though :LOL:

Hmmmm.... I've realised I've posted twice without ever saying "hello" to MacRetro. Rude git I am.
So. "Hello" from Druimindarroch.
Been on the forum for a year or so, cobbling together bits for my 97 Erzulie and, more recently, a 92 Explosif that I fear might be a tad wee :( ....time will tell.
I've found Retrobike to be a great forum, the only one I've ever stuck with cos I'm a luddite old sod. I've had lots of help and inspiration and get the impression that the site populated with a lot of decent folk. Thanks to all.

cheers
Jon

Welcome. Keep an eye out, we're planning a ride in the far north this year, although you're always welcome further south if you don't mind the drive.
The Ken's Baltic Bawbags ride is coming up in Feb at Dunkeld. Would be great to see some new faces and old bikes.

Back