Orange Clockwork 1989 w. Campagnolo Centaur

Thanks G/B, that makes a lot of sense. There is a bit of information here http://www.manleymere.co.uk/water-sports which suggests that the shop has been active since 1984. Although mountain bikes no longer feature, based on your recollection they would have done in the late-80's. The phone number is similar to the odd looking one on the frame sticker (maybe some changes to the format occurred, though I can only recall the addition of a '1' in my area). That seems to solve the question of where the bike originated. I bought the bike from Warrington, so quite local. Great stuff.

Hello again. It took me about 15 minutes to find this thread :facepalm: , so it must be due an update!
I decided to take this back to a full Campy build and try to make the bike as close to original as possible (well, at a best guess as there's no way to know).
The fact it'd had a front end change at some state means shifters, brake levers, stem etc had to be replaced. Hubs to go Campy too, as the xt wouldn't seem right.
So, I've got the parts pictured (mostly Centaur, some Euclid) plus a white Turbo, but still need to find a freewheel, chain, period handlebar, M6cd rims (36h) and then cables etc.
Happy with progress so far, and hope I'll be able to put the rest together soon.
;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 546
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the advice and any extra info would be great.
I've seen those Regina freewheels and think I'll have to go in that direction.
The hubs are Italian threaded; I've read a lot about interchangeability of ISO, British and Italian threaded freewheels, most advice says it'll be fine, the odd website suggests you can get problems. Have you had any experience?

MatBH5":1gq6yjhr said:
Thanks for the advice and any extra info would be great.
I've seen those Regina freewheels and think I'll have to go in that direction.
The hubs are Italian threaded; I've read a lot about interchangeability of ISO, British and Italian threaded freewheels, most advice says it'll be fine, the odd website suggests you can get problems. Have you had any experience?

Im sure the one listed will be fine for the hubs you have. :cool:

Thanks, I've got an ISO threaded Regina block already, hopefully that will be OK. If yours is Italian thread, you'll probably find a PM form me sometime in the future.
Cheers!

Quick question for those following the thread, please... I'm still collecting parts together, this will be Euclid/Centaur all over, BUT do I splash out on original campagnolo euclid cables, which I believe are pearl white in colour?
The bike came with black outer cables, non-branded so far as I can see, but the rear brake inner is certainly campy, as is the canti straddle.
I think white cable outers might finish nicely, but one part of me thinks white might have been a little too showy for an Orange to have had?
Some nice M6 Oxygen to partner the Euclid hubs...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 374

Latest posts

Back