ZIPP 2001 Dutch national squad

I decided to try something entirely different, so I bought myself a pair of Zipp 440 wheels:

11337676146_fb031ecd82_c.jpg

Works for me, they do need some tan sidewall tubulars though.

well done, i cant help thinking there is an elastomer dampener under that beam ? even though the design is from the 90/s the frame still looks so futuristic . the bars are going to make or break this project[ something out of 'american chopper ' :LOL: ]

There is indeed an elastomer dampener under the beam. Only the parts that connect it to the beam are missing. Can anybody enlighten me on what parts I need to complete the frame?

11432274266_cf1ed93a01_c.jpg

11432272666_2037ec628e_c.jpg

11432223375_8a761edd70_c.jpg

well i'm blowed !. aint got a clue, it doesnt look complicated. it would be interesting to do a comfort test when shes up and running. a' before and after', by replacing it with a block of hard wood .

A user on a Dutch cycling forum (Fiets.nl) was kind enough to scan and e-mail me his copy of the original ZIPP catalog. To complete the frame all I need is the right size plat headed bolt :D .

m m nice wheels equally as good, me thinks . is the adjustable quill stem 'look' ? it makes the flite deck more interesting.the saddle fixing is a bit of a mess though, but i guess you either like or loath it. its still retro.... what was the story with the uci ? did they ban them ? or did they just fail to shave off seconds ?

yes they need to relax their rules,after all the body positioning of the rider is still much
the same as 1980/90 s time trialling.
i wonder what would have happened if it had been allowed to evolve ?

Back