And today I did......

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It would take big pockets to get that touring the highlands again

Got a soaking today, 1 pleasant hour followed by an hour of big, slappy, cold rain. I now know my new sealskin gloves are far from waterproof. :evil:

Hope the weather on Arran was better

I got up early and got out and in before the rain. :D

IMGP0614_zps640ee796.jpg

IMGP0619_zps1fc0bba0.jpg

Mr Panda":1e2njwuy said:
My VW van has just been declared beyond economical repair :|

Yes it could be done but we're talking the price of a small but comfortable cottage in the cotswolds with several outbuildings and a nice herbaceous border. :shock:

Think ahm gonna have to flog it but its just possible I may recoup my 1990 buying price of £2,495 :|

Probably on the lookout for a replacement 1970s imported Californian or Sarth Effrican bay window van instead. The SA (and Aussie ones I think) come with right hand drive as standard :xmas-wink:

But generally - :| :| :|

Still have the 1967 Land Rover though :twisted:

Do you weld?

Bays are a very simple vehicle to work on, if you have some space why not have a go at it yourself? Whatever you do don't sell it for a song, even rusted out carcasses fetch real money at the moment.

If only I wasn't trying to clear all our projects (read totally neglected vehicles I haven't got round to doing anything with..), I would love to take on a bay as a winter/summer/winter plan!

Is it still drivable?

Bit of a disaster for me this weekend, went for a blast at Kelly on bike Saturday morning and had a bad crash at the first drop in which we had just recently started doing. All day in a&e yesterday. Result is a cracked rib and a separated shoulder joint.

Rib will heal in 2-4weeks but shoulder will take up to 12 weeks. I've got shoulder clinic for assessment Monday and hopefully start treatment Tuesday or Wednesday when they fit me in. Got me arm in a sling at present.

Shona took it very well especially as I can't fly in case there is a puncture in the chest cavity from the rib which may only become apparent at the higher cabin pressure , so new York cancelled!!

Got some making up to do! So let the piss taking commence.!!

Utterly gutted like.

Latest posts

Back