And today I did......

aye twas a good day, velo setting a good pace as usual.

no real techy bits but some nice flowy sections. weather held out for us. Note to self, always take long leggins when riding wi velo, legs still tingling fae the nettles and my nice gorebikewear gloves have a hole in em due to the holly trees.

fair enjoyed it.

old_coyote_pedaller":149u0avh said:
kaiser":149u0avh said:
old_coyote_pedaller":149u0avh said:
Meant to ask, kaiser, did you get your new light yet?

Yes, nice wee unit. My only criticism is that the ano is a bit weak, I'd probably plump for black if I could pick again.

10341766603_6e00fe7dc6.jpg
10341531574_3803881797.jpg

Currenlty residing on my commuter on the rather lovely KCNC bar extender thingy.

The one I got is black, a Fandyfire, looks too much like Fannyfire. :oops:
As you say they are nice wee lights.
Not sure on run time as I used it for just over an hour last Friday after charging it. Two of the 3 lights are still on which indicates 50 to 80% charge left.
Might have to get another as my wife says she'd like to try a nightride in Blairadam.

Nae doggin though. :roll:

HOLY TRANSFORMERS BATMAN!! KAPOW!

Just back from the Fair City Enduro - good day out and enjoyed myself. 4 MTB stages (1 sharp climb, 2 muddy rooty singletrack blasts and a bike-park-jumpy-type thing like the bottom of the blue at GT, plus a final stage with some trials-lite obstacles on the park beside the car park.

Good things: Atmosphere, not very racey at all, ended up going round the loop with the same folk and chatted quite a bit on transitions. Good course, some tricky bits and some flat out pedally sections - was really good to be able to ride natural/shared trails fast without worrying about someone coming the other way round the corner. Think the format would lend itself well to a bunch of mates entering.

Less good things: A LOT of waiting before the first stage (well over an hour as I was near the back. Think this could be sorted by staggering the start in waves though. Overall less riding than you'd usually do in a day and felt like a lot of climbs per smiles, but still a nice way to experience new trails. Not sure I'd do one somewhere I knew like GT. Mud + roots = crash (only one though, and all it cost was a bust shifter).

If you get the chance I'd have a go at this enduro thing, pretty chilled for a race and it's the kind of riding we all do anyway.

Did I mention it was muddy?

IMG_20131027_134742_zps2782e20e.jpg

Yesterday I picked up my new bike, modern, bouncy and with more rake than dobbies. Very happy man despite being too ill to actually ride it.

Back