Your Memories as a child - MUSIC RELATED!

My lord you lot are young.

We always had lots of music in our house, mum liked Peggy Lee and Nat King Cole, my sister had every Beatles single (which my nan threw away some years later :facepalm: ), and my dad liked classical music and jazz. We had a Dansette record player and also a (valve) reel to reel tape recorder / player.... so if I have to choose one track out of that huge mix, I think it's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs

Neil,

I love that song - i put it on my iPod today! Another coincidence!! And a memorable song/track/tune.

Richard

TGR":3o49yied said:
Neil,

I love that song - i put it on my iPod today! Another coincidence!! And a memorable song/track/tune.

Richard

My dad's influence, but I have fair collection of jazz from that era and later (all on LP) and I just love Paul Desmond's sax style. I could have chosen any of half a dozen tracks, but thought people would recognise that one....... NICE!

I didn't really have music interested too young but I clearly remember my school mate lending me a VHS video of iron maidens world live after death tour I didn't even really understand what it was when he gave it to me just "what a cool looking cover"

I was totally blown away and been a maiden fan ever since ....funny enough still my favorite album . :cool:

I got into Bix Beiderbecke in my late teens early 20's from The Beiderbecke Affair and still love that stuff.

Alison

Alison":2leon6qj said:
I got into Bix Beiderbecke in my late teens early 20's from The Beiderbecke Affair and still love that stuff.

Alison

Much later in his life my dad got into, or possibly went back to that style of music, but it was not something I heard at home when I was a kid.

Waiting at Dover docks in my dads lorry, in the dark except for the dashboard and radio all lit up in green, and orange floodlights and flashing lights outside.

Vienna by Ultravox comes on the radio.
I must have been 4. A very vivid happy memory.

Back