Brrr!! Early morning pics

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well, took out the Buck for its first outing this morning. Made sure it was nice and cold so not too muddy! Still managed to find a secret mud puddle though :(

Rides well, quite quick, light, and responsive, couple of teething issues, but nothing a few tweeks wont sort :D

Contrary to my first thoughts, the Pauls mech did actually work too. Turns out a couple of sprockets are nicely worn though. After seeing a similar mech just ebay for £130 :shock: may look out for an xtr for general use..

Judys seem OK, not like a new zoccy, but take a bit of shock out nicely enough.

Will being going well quick downhill on this too. It feels nice and stable, and the brakes really do not work :shock: Levers to the bars many times :shock: - note the extreme gradient in the pics, ah well.

Pics here if interested, looking forward to more rides!!

Cheers..

http://uckshaver.fotopic.net/p23000254.html

http://uckshaver.fotopic.net/p23000255.html

http://uckshaver.fotopic.net/p23000252.html

(Not figured out how to show image in posts yet)

Real nice pictures, regonise a few of those backdrops! Looks like you escaped the freezing fog that seemed to be settled over Leamington all day.

If you need Paul's Mech spare John Atkins have a few I believe. As for the Judys there are plenty of ways to get them riding a little better - anything from using Englund carts to chopping the legs out of a set of SIDs.

Here are a couple of the pics. A guide to posting from fotopic is here.

Attachments

• IMG_3732_alc.jpg
    IMG_3732_alc.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,595
  • IMG_3736_alc.jpg
    IMG_3736_alc.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 2,595
frosted FAT

Gump, that looks excellent :!: :)
Really like the short (purple?, ringle?) stem, quality coordination.
Nice historic backdrop too.

I totally agree about the handling :)

Finished rebuilding my BuckShaver today, but wasn't quite so ambitious on the riding front (am trying to keep it sweaky clean for an overseas trip). Have gone to (ahem) 90mm of travel on the front! Looking around for some tyres just to get out on , I was suprised to find a 2.3" conti vert pro fits on the back! Quite looking forward to floating down some trails on those.

Cheers for the comments guys!

Tangent - I have just uploaded a couple of close ups of the stem/front end - see how coordinated it looks ;)
The stem is a Kooka 100mm, don't know much about it, but nicely made and quite light. Wouldn't mind a nice Ringle though..
Also the riding was not adventurous either, just looks remote :)

Rutteger - may need to probe you on the forks thing (so to speak..)

Attached another shot below

Whatever you want to know about Judys give me a shout. You're running the first generation Judy XCs which run elastomers and a plastic damping cart (assuming the internals haven't been upgraded). Any upgrade you make will make a big difference.

Attachments

• IMG_3724_alc.jpg
    IMG_3724_alc.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 2,543
Back