My Lemond

thanks spear, needed a close up for the builder, £200 my god +engraving . there are many aero forks and you really have to look hard in some pics to see its a four part jobby. fork crown ? prob columbus
cheer's mate

yeah i plan on posting the whole fork build ! its got to be a tricky one every likely hood jigged virtical and horizontal axis that must be square ,mind you the crown will help .got two quotes both £200 but did not mention
the engraving.
I bought the frame and forks bout '95 from a firm called tri-tech developments. i read about the sronglight head set so got one . but i needed a low stack height one so the proper forks went in my loft.
Blast i had a house fire and they were gone.
the frame is a proper gan team issue with a number hanger. i like to imagine it was used in the classics of '93/94

I'm going to source some Delta brakes for my bike,I had some on my Eddy Merckx and I still think they are the best brakes made even with today's dual pivot calipers.

Update, lost out on delta brakes,continental tubs wearing out so changing for Vitoria. Have my eye on some Scott drop in bars. I'll post more pics soon.

update. change of plan for my forks i would have had to purchase the crown [japan] find an engraver then send it back to the builders.
a viewing of a Gios on ebay without its original forks revealed the very forks i was after with the correct aero fork crown! but chrome plated. i messeged the seller in holland and hey presto he had a spare one 100euros inc pp.the gods must be with me on this one !
as they are chrome plated , i plan to get the engraving replaced with a reduced head tube badge sticker i know its a compromise but i have had 10 months of mming rring and work juggling and this really is the best option ££'so thanks goes out to new retrobike member 'italiangios'

Christmas update, Lemond nicely stored for winter,sourced some spares I was after. Delta brakes are too expensive so I'll keep looking. Happy Christmas everyone and a great 2014,hope to see some retro bikes at the Tour.

Just taken delivery of some new grub screws for my dual pivot brakes thanks to Mercian cycles,campagnolo spares are hard to obtain as most shops stock shimano these days. I'm definitely going back to Vitoria tubs I don't rate the continentals that I have been using in 2013.

March update, Vittoria tubs fitted,new chain and bar tape. Booked my hotel in Leeds for the start of the tour,can't wait to see the peloton in Yorkshire. Got my eye on some NOS delta brakes,only problem they are the price of a decent bike!

Back