Eroica's coming to the UK

Well, that ^^^ makes my mind up!! What a load of **** absolute ****. I am too old for ***** like that and it is supposed to be an event for old bikes and presumably older riders.

The link has actually annoyed me as it is clear that it is pure unadulterated ****.

I am interested in who will participate - what is the largest retro bike site in the UK?

Richard

Have the prices now come down? £55 and £70.

My son sent me an e-mail telling me that is what is now on the web site.

My loyalty is with the Anjou Velo - been going for a few years now (know the area), and I agree it is a festival, a celebration.

I'll be taking my retrocar to this retrobike event in 2014.

Jon.

vivelesalpes":2pxs6ujj said:
The people behind it normally put on a good do and I'm saying that not only as someone who knows the organisers, but someone who has done some of their events before.

Paul,

If you know the guy make him aware of this thread and perhaps he can come on here and tell us all why we are missing the point on the fee and why we should see it as good value ...

... or perhaps you could enquire if he wants to do some sort of promotion for Retrobike members; if I were promoting that event I'd want the hardcore Retrobikers of this forum on side to get the event off to a good first year ...

Looks like they have dropped the prices ... someone is paying attention ;-)

I have pre-registered (I think) the website seems to function in an odd way and no confirmation email comes through :-(

Yes, it appears that the price has gone down.... which clearly indicates they don't have a clue of what they are doing, they have not done their maths and they were hoping to cash in big time, but maybe the pre-registrations proved slower than anticipated and maybe campaigns like this contribute to lower the entry fee.
Anyway, 55 is in line with other events ran in this country. Realistically those who expect an Eroica at 10 pounds are never going to be pleased. I think for the way the market goes round here 40 is reasonable and 50 is the upper limit of what is acceptable... so we are going in the right direction and I praise the organisers for starting to make some sense

I would actually disagree and that is not like me at all.

" so we are going in the right direction and I praise the organisers for starting to make some sense"

Ask yourself the question - why the price reduction? I suspect it has nothing to do with sense but more to do with uptake of the tickets - two totally different reasons.

The lack of an ad on RB speaks volumes.

Richard

I suspect they have overestimated the size of the vintage bike scene and for sure very few continental Europeans will cross the channel to ride with UK traffic.

If this event gets more than 500 riders I will be surprised.

Back