Gear Acquisition Syndrome: Do You Really Need All That?

I never got rid of my records.

Even when I had sold my rig for playing them, they were kept in storage.

However, what I was really talking about here was buying gear you just don't need, or don't know how to utilise.

Everyone needs records.

Just remembered one of my cousins blowing thousands on a telescope and laptop set up, auto tracking and all that controlled through the laptop.

He has no idea how to use the laptop, so got no use out of the telescope before selling it a year later for half what he paid. Dolt!

dyna-ti":32isrrz5 said:
This ok to potter about on then HF :LOL: Have to as ive no offroad skills to speak of. Unless falling off is considered a skill ,of that im an expert :D

Ti frame
Ti CK
Manitou R7 pro sus fork
Thomson stem
Controltech bars
Hope wheels
USE alien post
Hope tech X2 full red ano
Red ano hope finishing kit
X9/XO drivetrain.

:LOL: ;)

Well I reckon that is justified even if you were just hanging it on a wall Dyna.

Beautiful, pure art! :)

Two sorts of people - some like to buy stuff and talk in loud voices about it; others like to use it.

Generally round me it's the guy on the battered hardtail who is the real deal. I love charging past people on my rigid singlespeed built up from a £35 frame.

Last year I nearly wet myself laughing as my 10 year old son overtook two guys on Specialized full sussers at our local singletrack on his Islabike with mudguards. :LOL:

Back