Trek 9200 swingarm bushing construction

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

I am regreasing my boing machine. One day I like to really restore it, including some fresh paint, but with all the other projects going on, regreasing, some new cables and some other small stuff should do it for now.
I did already feel some play in the bearings, but when I took it apart, the main bolt was not really tight. I cleaned everything, but I am a bit lost on the construction of the bearing. I hope someone can tell me how it should be. I have bushings in the frame that have a rubber coated flange on the outside (for keeping dirt from the bearing). There are bushings in the swing arm on both sides (from the inside out). Point is that one side I can take the bushing out, but the other side seems fixed, maybe pressed in. When I tighten the bolt of the axle, it actually will fix the swing arm!
Should the bushing in the swingarm both be press fitted or both be loose? Is the axle a special length that should be tightened without fixing the arm. The arm has been repainted by the former owner and as there is some paint on the side faces of the bushing, this could actually fix the arm, I guess.
Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks!

Back