Orange prestige,i think!

SpaceFlightOrange":3ty393o0 said:
Spanky22b":3ty393o0 said:
Yeah it was me mate,i've been after an early orange to add to my collection for a while now. I'm just hoping its got paint on the other side of the frame :LOL: saying the only pictures were of the right hand side :)

It was ideal for me as I don't live too far away and could have collected. Oh well.

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe it was that side that had the re-spray. The visible side looked fine

If it needs respraying i'm hoping Orange can do and if it's a 92 version i'll be putting XTR on it,my wallets already panicking :LOL:

Spanky22b":229hp0uq said:
SpaceFlightOrange":229hp0uq said:
Spanky22b":229hp0uq said:
Yeah it was me mate,i've been after an early orange to add to my collection for a while now. I'm just hoping its got paint on the other side of the frame :LOL: saying the only pictures were of the right hand side :)

It was ideal for me as I don't live too far away and could have collected. Oh well.

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe it was that side that had the re-spray. The visible side looked fine

If it needs respraying i'm hoping Orange can do and if it's a 92 version i'll be putting XTR on it,my wallets already panicking :LOL:

I was thinking of using it as a decent commuter/tourer, but to be honest not sure what to put on it. I did fancy getting it stripped and powder coated in a light grey like the bike in the review scan thats knocking around on here.

Probably better off in your hands.

Im getting quite exited though, Im about to take delivery of my first "proper" mountain bike, a 1994 (i think) Raleigh Max Cromo. That actual one I used to own. Not sure of the condition. but I plan to try and return it to its former glory with a couple of period upgrades and put that back into service.

That's defo a 1992 but I'd call it as a Clockwork as the rear canti bridge is solid, unlike Dossa's or mine. Very nice either way and a rare colour. If you do repaint I'd keep the same colour or salvage the original paint if possible. ;)

That reminds me, I need to stick my new Prestige up on here.

brocklanders023":22q97rm0 said:
That's defo a 1992 but I'd call it as a Clockwork as the rear canti bridge is solid

Ah, great eyes! Never try and squint on an iPhone.... :D

Hurry up and post yours, Edd ;)

brocklanders023":2iet6c3j said:
That's defo a 1992 but I'd call it as a Clockwork as the rear canti bridge is solid, unlike Dossa's or mine. Very nice either way and a rare colour. If you do repaint I'd keep the same colour or salvage the original paint if possible. ;)

Now you've pointed it out i'd go along with it being a clockwork,well spotted mate. So if its a clockwork would i be frowned upon if i wanted to have it resprayed to match my 2007 clockwork and not keep the original colour :roll:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 484
Nah, the orange/white is classic. Get Bob Jackson to do it as he did your 2007. Oh, and get some decals from Gil as his 1992/3 are still the most accurate I've seen. :cool:

Got the frame and forks and it'll need a respray as the whole frame and forks has been rattle canned badly,so it'll be sent off to Bob Jackson to be brought back to life again. Also can anyone help identifying it by it's frame number which is A2050094.

Cheers :)

Latest posts

Back