And today I did......

Tell me aboot it - when mine started Uni a couple of years back we filled the people carrier with "stuff" and it was standing room only in the front seats :shock:

Bloody hell - then we had to bring it all back again :LOL:

She's just flown off to Marseille for 3rd year with 2x 20kg packages mind........learning :D

Guys I hope you's never let your selves get to the same point as me
over your job your health comes first and **** the job.

Mr P, we've had a couple of calls this afternoon to say that there's more stuff that she needs :shock: and had forgotten to pack. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, there's no way we could have gotten any more boxes in car. Luckily one of her friends is taking it to her as she's at Napier and stays 10 mins walk away.
I queried my wife why we had to take 3 bags of food and groceries, 1 big + 2 small IKEA bags, through to Edinburgh instead of shopping there yesterday as it was a problem getting it all in car with her sitting with one of bags on her lap and one at her feet. Let's just say her reply implied we men know nothing about the logistics of shopping and car packing. :roll: :facepalm:

At least she has a flat in a nice area of town. Lots of good pubs round there for students as well. As an Edinburgh resident it makes me laugh every September watching cars rammed full of stuff getting emptied by nervous looking parents all over town. I also reckon it must be Ikea's most profitable month of the year.Edinburgh is a good town to be a student in as there so many universities and colleges in one city.

RobMac":1ctr76dz said:
Guys I hope you's never let your selves get to the same point as me
over your job your health comes first and f**k the job.

Yer complaining aboot work on a Sunday? Never had ye down for being a Minister :shock:

Tazio, yes, there were more than a few parents carrying endless amounts of boxes into flats all around where we were yesterday. :LOL:
As to pubs, lets hope she's no as stupid as her auld dad getting pished in Edinburgh. :oops:

today I went postal on a bush in the back door for man cave project. I also decided to dump the gazillion tins of paint with a dribble left in the bottom. And I got my new wheels for the Scandal, nice enough but nae real wow :? , second superstar order in a row I've made a hash off too. Ordered the front hub with a regular quick release instead of the 9mm axle I was after, I never cock up an order and yet I do two in a row. I also got my new XT rear mech to replace the exploded Zee, I'm sending it back for a warranty check but needed something whilst thats ongoing. Its been a pricey month so far :eek:

buzzed round the local trails at crawfurdland today, on the surly and still loving that big hooped beast, the trails are nigh on perfect and would make a great day out doing a multi lap enduro thing if anyone ever fancies such a thing, cafe on site and pub not to far away to.

Back