bike insurance companies, recomendations please

Chute55uk

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
any good insurance companies out there? I spoke to cycleguard and they will insure my bikes but on a new for old basis, (how they will get a new lts is beyond me.) basically what they said was i should value the bikes as to what they would cost to replace with a new equivalent and no discounts so....
1998 gt lts 2000 with marz and deore. (around 1500 bitd) so I would be looking for a replacement gt full susser a gt fury 2799 from evans. really?? and then they deduct 50% if the bike is over 10 years old.
anyone know of anything better? (and more realistic) I need to get this sorted asap

Don't insure them. Put the premiums aside for the statistically unlikely event something gets stolen. Then buy one on here if it does happen.

It's one of the only examples I remember from management science at uni. That insurance is a waste of money..

technodup":kgta5upc said:
Don't insure them. Put the premiums aside for the statistically unlikely event something gets stolen. Then buy one on here if it does happen.

It's one of the only examples I remember from management science at uni. That insurance is a waste of money..

You have already made a fair amount of savings for your pension, then, I take it?

Neil":311967vc said:
technodup":311967vc said:

You have already made a fair amount of savings for your pension, then, I take it?
I'll not go into my personal financial activity on here but I'm dandy.

technodup":1kgy4jsq said:
Neil":1kgy4jsq said:
technodup":1kgy4jsq said:

I'll not go into my personal financial activity on here but I'm dandy.

It wasn't really about prying - the point is, people don't unless they commit to it. Then have a loss (say where insurance is concerned) - or retire (or have to retire) then they entire time they've been saying they've got a plan, but it's always been deferred, mañana never comes... until it does.

Neil":pr23rc83 said:
It wasn't really about prying - the point is, people don't unless they commit to it. Then have a loss (say where insurance is concerned) - or retire (or have to retire) then they entire time they've been saying they've got a plan, but it's always been deferred, mañana never comes... until it does.
You're right there. Most people are dreamers, zoomers and wasters, talk a good game and demonstrate f all.

I'm not.

Back