Show us yer FSR's

pictures as requested. thanks for the help so far. Did this thing come with "triples" on the front from factory, I have been offer a whole bike and it has a good set on it but I am worried I will do damage if I put them on and they are not for the bike

Attachments

• fsrfronkdisc.jpg
    fsrfronkdisc.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 2,149
  • fsrleft1.jpg
    fsrleft1.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 2,149
  • fsrrear1.jpg
    fsrrear1.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 2,149
  • fsrrear2.jpg
    fsrrear2.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 2,149
  • fsrrearbar.jpg
    fsrrearbar.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 2,149
  • fsrrearcomplete.jpg
    fsrrearcomplete.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 2,149
  • fsrshock.jpg
    fsrshock.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2,149
Yes and no

Yes they did come with trip clamps as standard.
You can run a set of trip clamps but nothing too modern.

Should be able to get away with about 150mm of travel, any more and the head angle will be pretty slack and you run the rick of snapping the head tube off.

Bullpup":1io9u9r4 said:
They came with junior Ts as standard

'98 Jr T's were 150mm

Stick a pair of 200mm 888's on and you'll likely snap the headtube off with little effort.

What part are you calling the rear link? How do I fix it? Are you talking about the part I can adjust the rear travel? I have not had a lot to do with dual suspension bikes so I have alot to learn

Had to add mine to this thread, just pulled it out of storage after about 8 years. Front tyre was still hard, rear flat and forks solid. Looking forward to getting it working again and hitting the trails (gently) :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2,098
This is the rear linkage, which needs rotating so that the pointy bit on the link is pointing downwards.

Attachments

• fsrrear2.jpg
    fsrrear2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,089
Guppstah":2k8xa80g said:
Had to add mine to this thread, just pulled it out of storage after about 8 years. Front tyre was still hard, rear flat and forks solid. Looking forward to getting it working again and hitting the trails (gently) :)

those forks look like the rebound might be seized up - either that or the springs have disappeared.... :p
i have a set of Rock Shox Pilots that i just serviced that could do you nicely if you are interested ;) check my sig for the sale thread soon :)

I have to decided to sell my fsr now. Totally rebuilt and running but rear wheel has slight buckle and gears need adjusting but will do this. Resprayed white with new decals.
Near gatwick

Back