Another dilemma - team rts content

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm trying to cull the fleet, and since I've built the sts I'm not sure what to do with my team rts. It was the bike that I dreamed of bitd as it was top of the line, and I had a lowly rts-2 ;) back then. I found this site when looking for advice on restoring my rts-2, as I found it had cracked, and was lucky enough to find this frame nos in the states and took the plunge.

It was built up using xtr m970, but I stripped it for the sts build and I'm not sure how to rebuild it. I've polished it and its ready to wear some different parts, but what shall I throw at it?

I will be using parts from the stash, after which the cull will begin, so do I:

A) m900 it up fully
B) m900, but with:
- black cooks dog bones?
- silver syncros cranks
- silver control tech cantis (will these work with the rocker?)
C) m952 all the way
D) m952 but with above crank options and ringle hubbed wheels?
E) as above, but with mavic crossmax ceramic wheels (new, big spoked ones)
F) none of the above - hang it on the garage wall

Fork wise, depending on above, RS fsx, amp f3 carbon, lawwill leader or the mintiest judy sls I have ever seen outside of nos? Or even rst XMO?

I've a spare rts frame, a few shocks and a full back end, so if I build up, should I keep the spares or let them go?

I struggle with letting things leave the fold, and the rts does still hold a place in my heart, so help me decide.

I won't bother you with my other dilemmas yet (what to do with the pace, amp b3 and b5 or klein rascal), I will leave these for another day.

Cheers

Back