Modern Roberts

It strikes me as how mountain bikes should've developed if they weren't the fashion-focused and annually renewed marketing exercises they became*. I'm ignoring what looks " odd " ( long stem, too few spokes etc. ) as they're the idiosyncracies of the extremely tastful owner.
Hats off, bloody good show.

* if I see another 30-geared 14" framed 29er full susser on the trails I shan't be responsible for my giggling!

tintin40":3ceckg88 said:
don't like the rims. but fine otherwise for a modern

Funtion before forn

Those rums rule sidewalls machined in between spokes nothing can be sexier.

Chopper1192":179gavg2 said:
I quite like it, though it smacks more of a chequebook spec rather than one chosen by an enthusiast.

My very first thought but in fairness the owner has some lovely old stuff too inc a gorgeous Roberts road bike

I'd actually be more than happy to give it houseroom but I'd have to change that stem to something shorter and zero rise.
What's the tubeset - Columbus something or other presumably?

Can't remember Andy but def. Columbus in there mixed in with other stuff. Custom paintwork to match his colnago. Have a look at the Roberts site for a link to the painters. If I were being picky there was one bit of over spray on the top tube dart but otherwise it was very very nice, just too many colours for my taste.

Beautiful!
Love it or hate it, you can't keep your eyes off it.
Chas Roberts is an artist, a highly skilled 'sculptor of steel'.

Is my view too romantic?
Not when you have owned and ridden a Roberts.

Harryburgundy":3tvtpdrw said:
Can't remember Andy but def. Columbus in there mixed in with other stuff. Custom paintwork to match his colnago. Have a look at the Roberts site for a link to the painters. If I were being picky there was one bit of over spray on the top tube dart but otherwise it was very very nice, just too many colours for my taste.
Dodgy paintwork? That would fit with others' experience of Roberts's painters.
Mind you, if Jim Kish can "miss a bit", then...

Back