Where did I go wrong?

so where did I go wrong?

reading between the lines, you doubt yourself and put little value to what you do have. a common mistake that I do all the time

We all have different things that motivate us and at different levels............i'm not rich because money was always secondary to me..........i've had many many good years of walking and biking earning just enough to live on and lots of free time while i was younger...........i could never have been one of those who slaves every hour hoping to do all the things when they retire (ie when your knacked) it is only now that a few extra £££ would be handy, but that's just cos of cost of living..............give me tree's n hills over money any day !

Doesn't it depend what you want to focus on in life? I know people who like money, and therefore collect the stuff.

Who said "experience makes you rich"? Personally I follow this way of thinking, when I feel like an underachiever I look back into my past and see all those moments (big and small) that money can't buy, that built me into who I am.
Now I'm reminded of the end of Bladerunner, when Roy dies it's his 'moments' that'll be lost, not his fortune.

money is purely a means to show off. dont get me wrong I wouldnt be depressed if I won a few million on the lottery. But I would seriously hope it doesnt change me, it would be nice to be able to buy something you want without worrying you dont have enough, but (as sad as this sounds) the best part of wanting something is saving up for it and that feeling that you've finally got it. I still remember how excited I was when I managed to save enough to buy my £450 moped. had I just been rich and bought a brand new I doubt it would be the same. plus there seems to be some kind of appeal to riding ghetto bikes, mopeds held together with cable ties and owning cars which cost less than the road tax :LOL:

oh and DB9 - please new cars suck. old skool all the way :cool:

Doesn't matter how much material gain one accrues, you can't take it with you; and the more you have the harder it is to let go...

Where did you go wrong? You must have an idea.

I was born without the go-getter gene

We_are_Stevo":2ktycc09 said:
Doesn't matter how much material gain one accrues, you can't take it with you; and the more you have the harder it is to let go...
that's why i have tattoo's........they are coming with me!!
money doesnt account for f.a.!!!
this weekend i had one of the best weekends i've ever had. met great people, got kidnapped and had to talk about cars and retro bikes to like minded folk, in broken english! force fed moonshine with nutters, then played a great gig, signed new album for an hour on the way to the beer tent. 2 hrs sleep then a run to the cliff and dived into a fjord with other like minded people. cost me nothing, but if i was a millionaire.....i couldn't have bought a ticket that included all this!!!!!
it depends what you want. you can't buy what i want!!! :cool:
(in a fjord...everyone has a small dick, regardless of wallet size)

We_are_Stevo":8fj3mab9 said:

Now, I would like to do some serious analysis on your theory. :idea:
So, everybody give me all your money and I will prove that I can very easily let it go ...and, in my selfless endeavours, I will spend the lot. :D

In all seriousness - better to appreciate what you do have rather than worrying about what you don't have.

Back