Fuquay

I haven't the slightest idea what an 'emu' kid is; should I take that as a compliment, or an insult?

Oh god, not Emu as well... Was everyone at the BBC in the 70's at it?

Lovely bike btw...

I really really like this bike. I've only had a wee car park shot of one before but it joined the wanted list :) keep the updates coming.

kaiser":3qtne0dp said:
I really really like this bike. I've only had a wee car park shot of one before but it joined the wanted list :) keep the updates coming.
UPDATE. :mrgreen:

I changed the tyres yesterday, and lacking a pair of either type I put a 2.1 Panaracer Fire XC Pro on the front and a 2.1 Ritchey Z-Max on the back and then headed to the woods.

As it had just stopped raining as I set off, so the long rocky climb to the golf course was sketchy to say the least, as was every single rock I rode over on the entire ride. As a result, I took a different route to the one planned and sort of zig zagged all over the woods trying both myself and the Fuquay out, rasing a sweat, getting covered in mud and generally having a good time.

One point to note, and something that passed me by last time out; the Fuquay shows very little tendancy to lift the front wheel in climbs, despite it being the same size and set up in a more or less identical manner to all my other bikes.

I don't know what it is about the geometry or possibly the tubes used, but it makes it a very comfortable and sure footed climber... which is nice.

No pics this time, too busy having fun.

Back