Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

After not being on here for a while, I bought up MF Rock n Roll in the search and saw the cream team of The History Man. Looks lovely btw! What I found interesting was the prices in the thread I'd looked into! I have the Rock N Roll Ultimate, the price shows £2500! If possible, has anyone got the original specs, photos etc? Its obvious mines been canabalised on the parts as it had cheap Bomber forks and mainly LX stuff, not aged right to the frame either. I wouldn't mind putting it back to original spec. The frame is dark blue/green colour, looks identical to the Team and was bought for £63 on ebay.

Cheap bombers? Wouldn't call any of the bombers cheap, most if not all were upgrades of the rockshox of the day.

Carl

drcarlos":b6l7e27v said:
Cheap bombers? Wouldn't call any of the bombers cheap, most if not all were upgrades of the rockshox of the day.

Carl
MX Comps I think they were, it wears Pace RC40s at the moment, I pretty much knew what the bike was when I bought it as far as the frame being high end and realised the spec deffinately wasn't right.

Start a bike thread and post some pics. That's how I got info specific to mine. See topic in sig. The members are very helpful!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
a9ff9ed38b6cb276dca33b3a653b2e84_zps667d6a29.jpg

1986 Muddy Fox by john millar, on Flickr
I've been watching this Muddy Fox Anonymous thread for awhile now and thought it
was about time I added some pics of my own. I bought my 1986 Courier, mostly complete, including original Branded pannier rack and saddle back in 2011 and it very quickly became my favourite bike. It is used so much that my Dawes Horizon was eventually given away to a friend because of lack of use. I am only the second owner of the bike after it's original owner bought the bike from Dave Heron Cycles in Durham City (it still has the shop's sticker on it). I haven't done anything to the frame as I think it looks great in it's original but slightly worn condition.
What I have changed though (out of necessity), is replaced the 6 speed Free wheel with a "NOS Suntour Pro-Compe Gold 5-Speed Freewheel (14x34)" I don't miss the 6th gear at all as this really is a cracking piece of kit. I've also replaced the rear Derailleur with a "NOS Suntour XC 9010 long cage rear mech derailleur" and also the SPD pedals that came with the bike had to go and it is now fitted with a pair of NOS Suntour XCD6000 Mountain bike pedals. One of my favourite purchases for the bike though, was a pair of Muddy Fox branded Karrimor pannier bags in absolutely stunning condition.
Hope you enjoy the pics
John

1986 Muddy Fox by john millar, on Flickr

1986 Muddy Fox Suntour freewheel by john millar, on Flickr

1986 Muddy Fox saddle by john millar, on Flickr

Suntour pedal by john millar, on Flickr

1986 Muddy Fox pannier rack by john millar, on Flickr

Back