Wanting to build bikes around one little part! Anyone else..

Re: Wanting to build bikes around one little part! Anyone el

reanimation":kh44w24p said:
Buying a full bike for bits I really should try that in the future. Hmm, nearest I got is lucky bundles, which, yep you guessed it turned into new ideas! :idea:

That is something I learned here... :facepalm:

Brought a Orange Clockwork for a handful of small parts and brake calipers; that ended up being upgraded and used for 2 years before being sold on in parts.

Brought a Marin Eldridge Grade for the crank - a black LX M563. That got built up and was a constant source of tinkering for 2 years; a kind of "last exit before the trash errand bike". To get the black LX M563 cranks to look right on the DBR (ie. match the seat-post and stem) I had to sand-off the black coating and polish the cranks silver.

Oh, then there's the Stevens MTB. Brought for the wheels. Found out both rims were cracked, but the upside were the steel forks - Spinner Triple Butted Cro-Moly that just worked perfect for a Ti frame :cool:

Nurse.....Nurse......NURSE!

Re: Wanting to build bikes around one little part! Anyone el

Woz":3iu782ae said:
reanimation":3iu782ae said:
Buying a full bike for bits I really should try that in the future. Hmm, nearest I got is lucky bundles, which, yep you guessed it turned into new ideas! :idea:

That is something I learned here... :facepalm:

Brought a Orange Clockwork for a handful of small parts and brake calipers; that ended up being upgraded and used for 2 years before being sold on in parts.

Brought a Marin Eldridge Grade for the crank - a black LX M563. That got built up and was a constant source of tinkering for 2 years; a kind of "last exit before the trash errand bike". To get the black LX M563 cranks to look right on the DBR (ie. match the seat-post and stem) I had to sand-off the black coating and polish the cranks silver.

Oh, then there's the Stevens MTB. Brought for the wheels. Found out both rims were cracked, but the upside were the steel forks - Spinner Triple Butted Cro-Moly that just worked perfect for a Ti frame :cool:

Nurse.....Nurse......NURSE!

Bought, bought and thrice bought!!!

Back